Bleached Pine Cones & Decor

$3.00
1 Day

Tired of the rustic look of pinecones in your decor? Especially if you lean toward a light and airy look. Why not bleach your pinecones for an unusual beautiful effect in home decor. Be amazed by their resulting appearance. . . Beauty made more beautiful!
Gently pour bleach over the pinecones, cover and soak overnight or longer.
Dry on paper towels for a few days to reopen, or if impatient, put in a 275 degree oven for 1 hr. You can tell that the color of the scales have changed, but the beauty is yet to be seen.
Lo and behold, once open, the pinecones were absolutely beautiful!
This pinecone is decorated with a mixture of seed beads, glitter, mod podge and champagne color glitter paint.
Decorated bleached pinecones add a touch of monochromatic hues to a once rustic look!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Angie
    Angie

,I had a pine cone since last year ,finally I found this idea...thank you so much

• Gail Bucci
    Gail Bucci

DO NOT PUT PINECONES IN A HOT OVEN!! I FOLLOWED DIRECTIONS FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE TO PUT THEM IN A 225 DEGREE OVEN AND THEY CAUGHT FIRE AND DESTROYED MY OVEN