5 Top Wall Colors For Kitchens With Oak Cabinets

As a Home Stager & Color Consultant, I see a lot of Oak cabinets and my goal is to make them look fresh and updated. Sometimes it's as simple as choosing the right color for the walls. If you have Oak or Honey toned wood cabinets and want to refresh your kitchen, consider painting the walls in today's neutrals, such as soft blue-grays, greens and neutral beiges. There are hundreds of choices but these are my Top 5 Pics!

5 top wall colors for kitchens with oak cabinets, kitchen design, paint colors, painting, wall decor, Top 5 Colors For Oak Cabinet Kitchens

Top 5 Colors For Oak Cabinet Kitchens

5 top wall colors for kitchens with oak cabinets, kitchen design, paint colors, painting, wall decor, In the 90 s the look was to paint walls in various shades of yellow But as you can see from this example below it did nothing to enhance the wood and clashed with the tile Via Forums The Nest

In the 90's the look was to paint walls in various shades of yellow. But as you can see from this example below, it did nothing to enhance the wood and clashed with the tile.Via Forums: The Nest

5 top wall colors for kitchens with oak cabinets, kitchen design, paint colors, painting, wall decor, Another popular color often used in Oak Cabinet kitchens is red In my opinion this is too dark and once again just dates the space and makes it feel too dark Via Buzzle

Another popular color often used in Oak Cabinet kitchens is red. In my opinion this is too dark and once again just dates the space and makes it feel too dark.Via Buzzle

5 top wall colors for kitchens with oak cabinets, kitchen design, paint colors, painting, wall decor, Benjamin Moore Sweet Spring is a perfect choice to offset the golden tones of the cabinetry

Benjamin Moore Sweet Spring is a perfect choice to offset the golden tones of the cabinetry.

5 top wall colors for kitchens with oak cabinets, kitchen design, paint colors, painting, wall decor, If you like green consider Benjamin Moore s Hazy skies a beautiful soft green

If you like green, consider Benjamin Moore's Hazy skies, a beautiful soft green.

5 top wall colors for kitchens with oak cabinets, kitchen design, paint colors, painting, wall decor, If you love Gray and would like to use it in your kitchen Sherwin Williams Oyster Bay is a great choice

If you love Gray and would like to use it in your kitchen, Sherwin Williams Oyster Bay is a great choice.

5 top wall colors for kitchens with oak cabinets, kitchen design, paint colors, painting, wall decor, Sherwin Williams Ancient Marble is another great choice and looks great with Stainless Steel appliances

Sherwin Williams Ancient Marble is another great choice and looks great with Stainless Steel appliances.

5 top wall colors for kitchens with oak cabinets, kitchen design, paint colors, painting, wall decor, Benjamin Moore s Pleasant Valley is one of my go to colors when working with golden cabinetry

Benjamin Moore's Pleasant Valley is one of my go to colors when working with golden cabinetry.

5 top wall colors for kitchens with oak cabinets, kitchen design, paint colors, painting, wall decor, This kitchen with Amber toned cabinets and stainless appliances looks fresh and updated with the addition of blue gray walls

This kitchen with Amber toned cabinets and stainless appliances looks fresh and updated with the addition of blue -gray walls.

To see more: http://bungalowhomestagers.com/2013/10/5-top-wall-colors-for-oak-cabinet-kitchens.html

• Michelle Holstine Thompson

What color of paint is on the bottom picture in this post? I don't see it listed unless it's pleasant valley?

• Dawn Baker

It looks like Pleasant Valley.....

• Betty Patton

I clicked on the link and it said it was Benjamin Moore's Pleasant Valley 696. It quite lovely I think. I love that colour too.

• Jude

What is a good color for cherry cabinets?

• Terra Gazelle

@Jude Maybe an Ivory or a light beige? Cherry is such a dark color.

• Betty Patton

Well they show a photo here of a kitchen with light colour kind of gold like cabinets with a like red cherry wall that looks lovely. So maybe a gold like colour goes. In there picture it gives it an elegant and rich feeling. I would definitely think a warm colour would go best.

• Bud3663753

i have the oak cabs and i love the pleasent valley...but my formal din rm is painted a wine color,will that clash??

• Betty Patton

Budgetelectric I would not think it would, you can see a photo of a kitchen here with kind of a wine looking wall and it looks good with oak. At least I think it does.

• Vickie

My cubboards are oak. My countertop are a Wedgewood blue my floor is dark..very country. I'm looking at dark gray and one area below chair rail burgundy. I've had wallpaper for years time for a change. Painter suggested gray because of countertops. Any suggestions. My favorite Color is blue. Just thought gray and wine color???????.??

• Shaun Chapman

I have oak and stainless appliances now. With tan tile, venetian gold granite. What color would be best? I plan on painting the cabinets white or very light cream later and really don't want to paint walls twice.

• Sandi Johannes

I have off-white distressed cabinets, light beige walls with off-white trim, light oak floors, and brownish/black dotted granite - I am looking for an accent color to use on the chair covers, paintings, table runner, etc. - can you send me some ideas using either red/taupe or navy/yellow?

• Sonia Brown

I have honey oak cabinets. Blue countertops. White appliances. What color should I paint walls?

• Sonia Brown

I have honey oak cabinets. Blue counter tops white appliances. What color to paint walls

• Pd

Dark (like in navy) blue walls look good with the oak cabinets

• Priscilla

My kitchen cabinets are med oak with burgundy counters and beige appliances, what should I paint the walls?

• Ellen

What is the blue colour called in your photo

• Yvette Saunders

I have cherry cabinets with fruitwood stain. I'm looking for paint colors other than gold that would look good. Any suggestions?

• Gabriele

I have light oak cabinets and orange tiles with black countertops what colour walls/curtains should I have and should I change counter tops

• Blake Ashe

Would you continue grey for open design with the same oak floors stairs and mantle?

• Danielle Medvan

I have light oak kitchen cabinets with stainless steel appliances. My kitchen floor is light - tints of light brown and light grey. What color should I paint the walls? My area is an open one so you view my dining and living room, which is also oak with brown couch.

• Pat Vigel

I have a very small kitchen with oak cabinets and off white appliances. I want to make it look bigger-what would yousuggest?

• Betty

I have a small kitchen with oak cabinets and molding stainless steel appliances what color would you suggest to paint and make the kitchen seem larger

• Carol Lee Colbenson

My cousin did dark red and it is beautiful. She doesn't have a lot of wall space to paint

• Pamela-Tommy Nester

That's my wall color with white trim and doors. I hate it. It's pretty but if u spend a lot of time in the kitchen it starts feeling like a cave and depressed me. For me it's not a happy color

• Beverly Bentley

my kitchen has med brown cabinets and gray toned counter with white appliances what color would be good for trim and wall colors?

• Jana Lyman Selck

What is the blue gray color in the last photo of the kitchen?

• Donna MacLean

I have pleasant valley color in my living room and wondering what color would suit in my kitchen?
  • Dbr22377921

I have the oak cabinets like shown here and all I see is orange. I want to know what color to go with on countertops and wood flooring to take away some of the orange tint.
  • Pks10763892

I have cream color cabinets and brown granite counters with white appliances. What is the best color to paint my walls?
  • Linda Goerger Nordlund

I am going to buy a studio vacation rental and won't be able to remodel until I build up more funds. I do want to add color to this, but not sure what wall color to use because of the oak cabinets and the counter tiles. Don't have it yet, but want to get ideas should it go through. The same tile is used in the LR and bath, so showing the bath tiles as it is a truer color on the photo. I will by new beddding. Want a beachy feel.
  • Mary

I have oak cabinets with tan and white countertops and floor with stainless Stella appliances what color for walls and trim
    • Kim

I would pick white trim with a sage, or any earthy green or blue paint color
  • Robin

I have oak cabinets with a tile backsplash in browns and beiges. My walls are yellow and I have not liked them for a long time. I'm undecided what color to choose because I have an office right off the kitchen with double french doors (so can definitely be seen from my kitchen) which has grey walls and accented with lime green rugs, curtains, accessories, etc. Suggestions? Oh, and my tile floor is brown as well!!
    • Eleanor Korf

I would go with either a very light grey (lighter than the adjoining room) or an off white (almost but not quite white). I had a kitchen with bright yellow walls and oak cabinets. I painted the walls slightly off white and the ceiling white. Because I had a linoleum floor I tiled that. The off white walls really complimented the oak finish on the cabinets.
  • Dorothy Guinn

I have oak cabinets with white back splash and white walls. What would be a good wall color foR me
  • Garnerstate

Hi! I would love to try this project! I have oak cabinets with darker blue (but not navy) counter tops. What color wall paint would you suggest?
  • Katie Nolan Lay

I have oak cabinets, black granite with gold flecks counters and dark grey tile with browns, light gray and white colors. Oh and my walls have a textured paper on them that we are going to paint over. Paint color suggestions? Thank you!
  • She32589395

changing my kitchen completely besides the oak cupboards , what color paint flooring countertop and backsplash should I use?
  • San26655209

I have honey oak kitchen cabinets, white appliances with sienna bordeaux countertops and marazzi trevi porcelain floors. What would be a good wall color to paint the kitchen? Thanks for your opinion.
    • Sim29444993

I always try to pick one color to coordinate or match permanent fixtures, usually the countertops. Because the floor already coordinates with the countertop, it keeps it simplier and less busy. EX: I have a biege and cream tile floor. I picked a granite counter with the same beige, but with a small strain of deep blue and white in the pattern. Then picked up that color in all of my accent decor (antique dishes of blue and white were hung on the walls, antique ceramic lidded containers.) I had my cabinets painted bright white to brighten up all the beige. And for a small right splash of color I painted the short area between the counter and cabinets bright yellow. The royal blue and white dishes as well as antique counter storage containers stood out and harmonized the whole kitchen into a cheery welcoming space!
      That being said, YOU can use the same trick with any colors you love to tie it all together.
  • Elaine

I have a kitchen with little natural light, medium oak cabinets, brown flecked quartz countertops and stainless appliances. What is a good paint color.

• Helen

My cabinets are very orangey oak from the Amish. What color is best with them.

• Zee Adams

What is the color for the Blue grey walls. I have been searching for the name of that color and cannot find it. I love the color.

• Myp26758866

Benjamin Moore Pleasant Valley. It's listed if you open up the blog link.

• Zee Adams

• Edn33164564

My countertop is of a dark green mixture ,what colour should I paint my walls

• Jan33235007

I have oak cabinets, shades of brown back splash, stainless steel appliances. What color would go on kitchen walls? Not a fan of dark color since my kitchen is small. My dining room has beige walls which is right next to kitchen.

Thank you.

• John Timm

i love the color in the picture but the chip looks more like s washed out green. Is it more blue?

• Lit33394872

I am struggling with the right color granite and paint for my room that is all honey oak cabinet and floor. No matter what the oak is staying so I would love some idea how to make it look clean and modern...

• Selina

We have oak cabinets, green granite and large warm colored tile flooring...really struggling with all the warm coloring and want to tone it down!!

• Katie

Getting ready to update kitchen. I have reddish oak cathedral style cabinets.

The ceramic floor tile is light beiges swirl.

Would like to paint walls a light blue gray.

What color counter tops? And what about a backsplash

Thank you

• Debbie Napier Wooten

I have medium oak kitchen cabinets, a brown, black, and beige mixed counter top, black stainless steel appliances, and beige tile. What color would you suggest I paint the walls? Thanks so much.

• Rol33600646

I have golden oak cabinets with black appliances. I I’m going to paint cabinets white or off white. What warm color should I use on the walls?

• Beth

I have medium oak colored cabinets which I like. I am updating my kitchen and baths. I will be updating the appliances with black stainless. My question is to which color/type of countertops should I upgrade and what colors should I paint walls? I am trying to make my home more updated. Thank you

• Rebecca Ferley

What do you think about Agreeable Gray with Oak cabinets

• Anita Holland

I have honey oak cabinets and Lapidus brown countertops. Would like a suggestion on what color subway tile would go

• Nancy Mitchell Postelnek

We will be doing our den over with white wainscoting. Oak trim. Room has one window and a back porch sliding door for lighting. Hardwood flooring. Our furniture is brown. What colors do you recommend for doors and walls. Leaning towards grays or a mocha.

• Lisa Phillipd

I need a suggestion for a master bedroom that has medium oak trim and similar tone wood floor but it is imported wood. Our furniture is white. Any recommendations? I was thinking of Benjamin Moore Northhampton Putty or a light blue gray.

• Dar33922576

What do I paint my kitchen I have honey oak cabinets ivory appliances gray flooring and countertops I have a blue room next to it that u can see into

• Mirian

I’m looking a color for my kitchen and family room. Any advice. Thank you .

mirian

• Susan Boothe

I’m in the same boat as you as far as the color goes. I’m tempted to go with one of the greens in this article. But, I think just adding some under-cabinet lighting would do wonders for your kitchen.

• Bib38431824

what is the color of the subway tiiles, do they match the blue paint

• Paul

should the kitchen walls and ceiling be painted the same color? Thinking about using ancient marble.

• Cathy Kuh

I have golden oak cabinets still in good condition that I don’t want to replace. We do need a new floor and countertops. I’m looking at granite but can’t decide on color. The kitchen is small and I don’t want it to look too small. The appliances are white. Any suggestions?

• Jen S.

I thought about granite too and I thought it was possible in my small kitchen, but guess not, it will be around $3,000. I am just going to do a laminate that looks like granite. My issue is trying to find a paint that will update the look of the kitchen without clashing with my oak cabinets. I tried yellow, but I may go in another direction.

• Debbie

i have white cabentes what coloe would be good

• Shelly Morgan

Hi I need help please, my house is currently on the market. My realtor suggested to Paint the walls a neutral but with so many grays and greigs out there I am overwhelmed can you please tell me what your thoughts are. I have picked out Sherwin Williams Lazy Gray just thinking that the blue undertones would complement the tile on the backsplash which are blues but not sure if it’s going to be too much blue against the oak trim and cabinets. The carpets are being changed out to a beige Thank you for any advice you can give me.... Shelly

• See More

Next
Prev