Kelleysdiy
Kelleysdiy
  • Palm Springs, CA

Framed Pumpkin

This is a fast, easy project that you can do in a hour! If you have been to a dollar store lately, you will find pumpkins by the dozens! Well,I just had to pick up some and see what I could make with them.
framed pumpkin, crafts, fireplaces mantels, outdoor living, painting, pallet
I took a box cutter, but almost anything will work. It’s made of really thin Styrofoam, and thankfully, it doesn’t make a big mess when you cut in half. I then took one of the pieces I cut and painted with a off white spray paint.
Remember that tip I told you a while back? If you want your final color to pop…spray item white first. When it was dry….
I sprayed it with Rustoleum Metallic Gold…
I just love this spray paint!! I have used this in many projects. As the pumpkin was drying, I took a frame and it’s cardboard, and painted them both with black spray paint.
I took a piece of black material and cut it big enough to cover the cardboard and left a little on all 4 sides to fold behind. I then hot glued the sides to the back. I as thinking while I was making this….It would look really pretty with black tulle covering the material.When it was all dry…I glued the pumpkin inside the frame…I added some acorns..(I halved them also) and a pretty leaf. This is what the final project looks like….
This is so pretty on the mantel, or hanging on the wall.Don’t you just love the shine of the gold metallic!!! Perfect for Fall Decorating!!!

• Pumpkin  (dollar store)
  • Frame/acorns/leafs  (on hand)
  • Rustoleum Gold Metallic Paint  (home improvement store)
Kelleysdiy

• Linda

It's beautiful! But it was painted white and gold and I see orange coming through, did you sand it or something. I love it.

• Kelleysdiy

Margaret, It will come out beautiful over the white. With a lot of my painting crafts, I always paint white first...so the final color pops!

• Holly Hasegawa Nielson

Cool idea, love it, thank you so much for the wonderful idea on what else you can do with those fake pumpkins, awesome!

• Kelleysdiy

Holly, I have had so many compliments on it already from friends who see it when they visit. That gold metallic is so pretty...light bounces off it so nicely! It looks expensive...yet cheap!

• Ronnette Foster Dean

Not just "brilliant" but so attractive and festive!

• Kelleysdiy

I just love it!!! Such a easy, inexpensive beautiful craft...thank you!!!