Faux Wall Made Real Easy

I like tricking the mind. Working with different types of mediums. Theses are thin sheets of foam that came with our entertainment unit. They were in between the glass shelves.
faux wall made real easy
Step 1: Some of the foam is more packed together. I used Gesso, so the paint has a bite on the foam. Rip the foam - it does not matter which way, just go with it.
faux wall made real easy
Step 2: Paint on Gesso. Let it completely dry. Then, choose the size of your brick.
faux wall made real easy
Step 3: I used Americana paints, burnt umber, gray, and sienna. I used foam brushes to get into the indentations and a wooden spoon to make the dents.
faux wall made real easy
Step 4 : This is the bigger piece, but you have the general idea. Now paint away!
faux wall made real easy
Step 5: Here it is after I cut it and matched it on the wall. You'll have 2 halves. I held it up with straight pins.
faux wall made real easy
Step 6: Here's the small one. I ripped it whichever way it went, made the blocks and then painted it. Use light and dark colors to give it that 3 dimensional look.

• Rose Maloney

This would be awesome done in a more freeform cobblestone look too. I'm going to build a faux fireplace for the holidays...and maybe a torture chamber for halloween next year. the possibilities are endless!

• Lucy Marie Bernier

The styrofoam I used for my walls. Came from my Entertainment unit. That foam was in between the glass panels.