Redoux Interiors
Redoux Interiors
  • Brentwood, CA

How to Create Holiday Card Holders From Scrap Pieces You Have Already

We all receive many of these cards at the holidays. At our house, like most of you, we enjoy displaying them throughout the season. The challenge? How to display them without them taking over your windowsill, counter top, etc.
Here is how to Make Cardholders from Junk
how to create holiday card holders from scrap pieces you have already, how to
I gathered old pieces of wood, drawer fronts, really anything vertical you can paint and add some staples and nails to.
Choose what ribbon you would like to use. I used a variety of ribbons that were necessarily "holiday" but matched my themes.
This is a great way to use up old scrap book paper too. You can decoupage the paper on or you can just paint the board.
To create the lettering, I used stenciled letters in a variety of different words. "Joy", "Noel", "Merry Christmas", etc. I traced them using a pencil. Next, I used a Paint Pen that you can purchase at the craft store to fill in the letters. You can paint the boards and use the stenciled letters right over them, or you can go the scrap paper route. I like to do both.
When the paint is dry, turn the board over and attach a loop of ribbon to the center. This will be your hanger. Then cut varying lengths of ribbon and staple them to the bottom of the board. These will serve as your "holders" for the cards.
I used clothes pins to hold the cards. I simply lined up a bunch of them on newspaper, spray painted them in the color to coordinate with my boards, and then flipped them over to make sure they were painted evenly.
Hang your card holders and cards and you can enjoy seeing all your holiday cards you receive all at once.
Redoux Interiors

1 comment
  • Ann Smitt

One person's junk is another person's treasure or new design. Thanks for sharing.