Building a Garden Trellis

A garden trellis built using 4X4 posts, caragana trimmings, some 2X4s, farm fence and rebar.
Fall
The back of the trellis. Taken when hubby and I were building our greenhouse this year. You can see that here...http://www.feralturtle.com/2013/08/building-greenhouse-from-recycled.html
A lion head fountain attached to the gate. Have to use an extension cord wrapped around the 4X4 post to nearest power source to operate. Only plugged in on firepit party days!
The back of the trellis in October
The front of the trellis with the gate closed. The sides of the trellis were covered with farm fence for the virginia creeper to grow up. Took about four years for the vine to cover the trellis.
The arch
The open gate... I recycled the frame of an office divider and created a gate attaching farm fence with wire ties.
The hinge of the gate. And yes I welded it. Thats why its a nasty looking weld, but It has held for the last 12 years.....
A 2X4 support inside was used to attach the caragana to This trellis is 12 years old now so I had to attach 2 pieces of arched rebar pushing up concrete mesh approx. year 7 ago as the caragana was starting to sag.
Virginia Creeper encloses the structure. Every year I have to trim the vine around the door to prevent it from growing shut.
My wonderful son in-law standing by the trellis in the summertime!
Feral Turtle

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 10 comments
Next