Sassy Townhouse Living
Sassy Townhouse Living
  • East Stroudsburg, PA

How To Easily And Beautifully Give Your Windows Privacy

I found the perfect way to easily and beautifully give your windows privacy using a removable film laminate. It’s the ideal way to give your windows the privacy they need and at the same time, get the beauty of stained glass.
how to easily and beautifully give your windows privacy, home decor, how to, windows
Isn't this beautiful? This is what I chose for my closet window. I love how it looks like real stained glass!
I’ve used this product twice so far and I’m so excited to continually find ways to use it where my windows need some spicing up and privacy. It’s super easy to install and even easier to remove if you have to.
I have a kitchen cabinet that has some glass panes, and I never liked it since the day we bought our home. It’s right next to the stove and whenever we cook, these glass panes get greased and gunked up so easily.
I didn’t want any solution that was permanent but wanted something that would give the cabinet window privacy as well as be easier to clean up after cooking.
Since some folks like kitchen cabinet windows I decided to come up with a solution that’s easily restored back to its original state – who knows – we might sell our house someday and that little feature might be a deal breaker.
You can see in the image below, just how gunked up these windows get. Yuck! I can’t tell you how many times a week I have to clean them.
That’s a huge turnoff for me and knew there was a solution out there. Look at that mess! And it’s all from cooking. Oddly, they are a dust magnet too which maddened me even more!
Also – I don’t want folks to see what’s inside my cabinets! I don’t think it’s appealing even with beautiful dishware. It’s just not something I’m personally into or find attractive. To each, their own right?
I remembered a solution I used for a window in my office closet. Yep, there’s a window in my closet. It’s the oddest place to for one but I guess when they designed my home that was the only place for it. From the street, you can clearly see inside my closet and all of my items in it! I immediately ran out and found a product I knew would work.
It’s called Artscape Window Film and I bought mine at Home Depot. Plus, they are very reasonably priced which is an added plus!
A step by step process of how to install Artscape Window Film and the link to purchase Artscapes is in my blog post so be sure to head over and check it out.
They have so many patterns I love them all! This pattern is called Rice Paper and it’s one of my favorites!
The patterns of stained glass are so realistic and stunning and have 68 patterns to choose from.
Be sure to take the glass pane out of the cabinet first. Clean the window well as well as the surrounding areas. Look at how dusty it gets behind the glass!
Gently place the window pane back into the cabinet and done!
Wanna see more of how I completed this process? I would love it if you visited my blog post to see more pics of this process and other projects using this decorative film too!
The full post Click to see more!
Be sure to subscribe to my blog too for awesome giveaways, tutorials, restorations and much more.
SUBSCRIBE HERE
I am thrilled with the look and how this little change has given me the privacy I wanted as well as easy of use for cleaning too.
Sassy Townhouse Living

• Paula Pittinger McNeely

do you think it would look right to put this on cabinets that don't have windows-just for the effect? I would put trim around it. thx very inspiring.
    • The Snarky Princess

I love your way of thinking I wonder if using the privacy contact paper if you would be able to get that effect??? Though I think it only comes in one style. Check out your local big box home improvement Lowes, Home Depot... Maybe they could suggest something - that is such a great idea.

• Charlotte

would this keep a window from sweating? thanks charlotte
  • Marge

Is there window film wherein I can see out, but no one can see in? I have two 78" long x 30" wide bay type doors (with bar across each like commercial, store doors)? I have seen some sunblocking black film, but truly ugly, no?

• Sassy Townhouse Living

I'm not sure about that one, Marge. This film does allow you to see out of it a little bit but for sure no one can see in.

• Barb C

I used similar product from Wallpaper for Windows.com. great product and company. It has been on 2 windows for over 5 years and still perfect; through freezing temps, full Sun and condensation. Though I do not consider this or Home Depots product inexpensive.

• Sassy Townhouse Living

Yes, true. They are not cheap although I consider them mi-range as far as pricing goes. I love this product. There's so much you can do with it.

• Itsmemic

I LOVE ARTSCAPES !!!! I have their gorgeous patterns on the bottoms of my windows for privacy allowing light in. BEAUTIFUL !!! Cheap...and looks real !! I get many compliments...