Holiday Fun With Stencils

I got this great holiday stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils! It's so durable and easy to clean, and because I knew I could use it again and again, I decided to have a theme this year when I was invited to Holiday Parties. I always like to bring a home made gift when I show up so I knew exactly what to do with this Stencil.
holiday fun with stencils, christmas decorations, crafts
Every year for my birthday and for Christmas my husband always gives me a Whitman's Sampler. I am always finding creative uses for stuff most people throw away, so I decided to save my Whitman's boxes, knowing I'd find a use.
I painted the top and bottom with some grey chalk paint
Then I taped the stencil to the top
I had some leftover grey and silver ribbon I wanted to use, so I decided to use a metallic silver over the stencil
But because it wasn't metallic enough, I used a glitter holographic paint over the top. I got these at Walmart for a little over 1.50 a piece.
Once I had done several coats of that. I cut and glued my ribbon in place
The last step was to clip on top one of these great silver ornaments that can be taken off and used for decor. I also purchased these at Walmart for 1.75$ each
So now I have my home made gift, to fill with home made cookies, to bring to my favorite holiday host!
Happy Holidays!!

• Sandra Allen

Very cool. At first I thought you used the box to make the flowers but I see the end result!!

• Cutting Edge Stencils

This is the best project ever! Love how creative it is and it makes the perfect gift for the Holidays!

• Madison McGahan

Yay! It was fun creating something new from something old and using a great stencil! I'' glad you like it, and I can't wait to play with the other Stencils I got from you!