DIY Stepping Stone With Secret Key Hider

After getting locked out of my house once, I vowed NEVER AGAIN! So I combined two trendy DIYs- stepping stones and mosaics- and added a secret key hider underneath.
Click HERE for the full tutorial...including my secret trick for a fool proof stepping stone!
Creating your own decorative stepping stones is as simple as it gets, starting with an old cake pan from your kitchen or the thrift store.
To make it pretty, I created a mosaic design on clear, adhesive plastic, placed it in the bottom of my cake pan, and began to fill the pan with mixed up quik-crete.
Check out my blog for my secret trick for a perfect mosaic design AND a fool-proof stepping stone.
After the mixed concrete was in the pan, I stuck a child-proof pill bottle upside-down in the wet concrete.
I let it sit for 36 hours before easily removing it from the pan. And just like that, I have a secret place for my house key! And it looks awfully pretty in my yard, too.
And before you ask- don't worry! I'm not actually using THIS exact stone for my house/yard, now that I put it online. I made several different stones- some as gifts and one for us. :)

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Sadie Seasongoods

• Jana Thomas
    Jana Thomas

You didn't show the final look of this stepping stone. AND how do you keep the glass gems and other pieces from sliding around while you pour the quick crete???? You should specify .

• Mike
    Mike

how is the clear adhesive plastic that holds the mosaic removed from the quikrete when dry ? does it not stick to the quikrete when poured and the dry?

• Margaret S.
    Margaret S.

Great, but how do you keep the concrete from sticking to the pan?