How to Paint Oak Cabinets Without Sanding or Priming. Lollypaper.com

Unless you live in a house that is almost brand spanking new, chances are you have “honey oak” cabinets somewhere in your home. I’m going to out on a limb here and say that if you do, you probably strongly dislike them.
Now, if you love your oak cabinets, there is certainly nothing wrong with that…but this post probably isn’t for you. If I were you, I would go click on the arrow down below and read my last post that has a really cute Halloween project I made and pictures of my two puppies. I love them. You will too.
If you are still reading, great! I have a solution for you that won’t cost you an arm and a leg, nor will it take you days to complete (well depending on how many cabinets you have).
Even if you have done some remodeling, and have replace some of the oak, chances are you still have some oak cabinets lurking around somewhere. It could be hiding in the laundry room or in a dark hallway.
I’m guess those cabinets might look something like this.
Eek!
I’ve posted several chalk paint projects, big and small, but so far, this is my favorite. Why? Because it solves one of life’s biggest mysteries; how to fix those ugly oak cabinets, without spending a wad of money to replace them.
The answer is Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, of course. The next thing you are going to ask me is if it really covers the oak grain, and I’m here to tell you that YES! It does!
Do you see any oak grain? Nope, didn’t think so.
Here’s the best part, I did these laundry room cabinets in less than 6 hours! True story!
See the rest of the post and waxing tips at www.lollypaper.com
Chalk paint is quick and easy to use and it covers the oak grain.
Before
Applying the dark wax
Finished product. This took about 6 hours from start to finish.
Lollypaper

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 21 comments
Next