Easy Christmas Place Settings With Instruction Video!!

I’m making two takes on the same place setting, formal and casual, all made with things found at the Target dollar section! The formal place setting is probably better used for a sit down dinner party where every guest is assigned a seat. The casual take is for a pick your seat party, buffet style christmas dinner etc. So, let’s get started!
(Video at the bottom of tutorial!)
These are the supplies I gathered from the Target dollar section... wire greenery garland, white card stock place cards, fabric bag and twine. You will also want scissors, wire cutters and a glue gun.
First you will need to determine how much of the greenery garland you need to make a small wreath. Then cut the section off with wire cutters.
Next, use a hot glue gun to glue the two ends together.
Then, make a bow ( for the top of the wreath) out of twine.
Use hot glue to adhere the bow to the top of the wreath.
Next, use hot glue to adhere the wreath to the fabric bag.
Use hot glue once again to adhere the place card onto the wreath. Voila! Your silverware bag/place card is finished. For a more formal look write the guests name on the card and place the silverware bag in the center of his or her place setting at the table. As seen below.
To achieve a more casual look write a generic festive saying on the place card, i.e. “gather”, “thankful”, Merry Christmas.” Switching out silverware for disposable flatware and paper napkin and paper plates tied off with twine make the perfect casual dining “kit” that can be pre-set on the table or stacked in a cute basket at the front of the buffet line.
Thanks for checking out my project on Hometalk! Pop over to my blog for upcoming holiday ideas :)

Love The Tompkins

• Jana

Super cute and so easy, I can do it! Thank you for sharing!

• Ila

Great idea. Having some book club members over on Saturday and will use option #1! I only use paper plates at picnics but I love that you gave the option. Cute festive and affordable! Thank you