Peel & Stick Kitchen Tile Install

Steph’s kitchen has been in need of a backsplash since she moved into her house three years ago. During the refresh of her newly purchased house, we chose a stone tile but soon returned our sample as our energy and enthusiasm for tacking a tile project waned. It just seemed too daunting to deal with adhesive, grout, and cutting tile with a wet saw.
As a participant at the blogging conference, Haven, we were sent a sample box of Aspect Peel & Stick Tile along with 20 square feet of tile free. At the conference we were able to handle and try the tile in a session. It's one thing to try a product in a sample situation, but quite another in a real life scenario.
The beauty of Aspect’s Peel & Stick tile (with the exception of the glass version) is that it can be cut with simple tools. No complicated wet saws to deal with! The stone tile, which we chose, is exceptionally user friendly. Cuts can be made with tin snips or chisel and hammer.
Watch Video
First we did a dry run of the tile placement.
Preparing the wall: We used a heat gun to soften the old caulk.
Then we used a caulk removal tool to have a smooth, flat base for the tile.
We cleaned the wall and countertop edge with mineral spirits. Next we needed to prime the wall so we used Frog tape to protect the edges and vertical stopping points. We used Kilz Primer as the tile instructions suggested. Once dried, we removed the Frog tape.
Once the surface was prepped and dried, we moved on to fitting our tile. To cut around the outlets, we used the plate as a guide, marking just within the plate to be sure the plate completely covered the tile.
The vertical cuts were easy to make with tin snips.
Horizontal cuts were made with a rubber mallet and chisel.
The backing was very easy to remove.
We did a light fit to make sure the placement was right and then pushed firm to get a strong hold.
To finish the edges, we used a scrap piece of molding and cut it to size on the miter saw. We primed, painted and put it into place using finishing nails.
Before (when Steph first moved into her house)
After! For more details please visit our website in the link below.

Mother Daughter Projects

• Trish Thoen

Are they easy to keep clean

• Mother Daughter Projects

We only have experience with the stone tiles. We've had no cleaning issues with them, that is, we don't clean them at all. I guess if we looked close enough there would probably be dust, but the stone camouflages it. ~Vicki

• Shirley

Can this peel and stick be use on bathroom walls

• Mother Daughter Projects

I don't know if it can be used in damp locations. Use the chat feature on the diydecorstore.com website to find out. Let us know what you find out please! ~Vicki

• Eliza

Thinking about to have s since will not have to paint entire kitchen. I could use something very art deco ... But where do I find that ???

• Heather

Actually they are still sealed all the way around and it’s not everyone believe it or not I even tried a syringe that came with another item I bought and I tried to suck the air out w/the needle but maybe the hole isn’t big enough to get the air out lols

• Angel

If you want ceramics tile I took cheap paneling and turned it over cut to fit back splash area because ( don’t want to glue tiles to drywall and backer board is expensive and most don’t know how to hang it )then I glued the tiles on and grouted Thank you great project