Peel & Stick Kitchen Tile Install

Steph’s kitchen has been in need of a backsplash since she moved into her house three years ago. During the refresh of her newly purchased house, we chose a stone tile but soon returned our sample as our energy and enthusiasm for tacking a tile project waned. It just seemed too daunting to deal with adhesive, grout, and cutting tile with a wet saw.
As a participant at the blogging conference, Haven, we were sent a sample box of Aspect Peel & Stick Tile along with 20 square feet of tile free. At the conference we were able to handle and try the tile in a session. It's one thing to try a product in a sample situation, but quite another in a real life scenario.
The beauty of Aspect’s Peel & Stick tile (with the exception of the glass version) is that it can be cut with simple tools. No complicated wet saws to deal with! The stone tile, which we chose, is exceptionally user friendly. Cuts can be made with tin snips or chisel and hammer.
Watch Video
First we did a dry run of the tile placement.
Preparing the wall: We used a heat gun to soften the old caulk.
Then we used a caulk removal tool to have a smooth, flat base for the tile.
We cleaned the wall and countertop edge with mineral spirits. Next we needed to prime the wall so we used Frog tape to protect the edges and vertical stopping points. We used Kilz Primer as the tile instructions suggested. Once dried, we removed the Frog tape.
Once the surface was prepped and dried, we moved on to fitting our tile. To cut around the outlets, we used the plate as a guide, marking just within the plate to be sure the plate completely covered the tile.
The vertical cuts were easy to make with tin snips.
Horizontal cuts were made with a rubber mallet and chisel.
The backing was very easy to remove.
We did a light fit to make sure the placement was right and then pushed firm to get a strong hold.
To finish the edges, we used a scrap piece of molding and cut it to size on the miter saw. We primed, painted and put it into place using finishing nails.
Before (when Steph first moved into her house)
After! For more details please visit our website in the link below.

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Mother Daughter Projects

• Shirley

Can this peel and stick be use on bathroom walls

• Mother Daughter Projects

I don't know if it can be used in damp locations. Use the chat feature on the diydecorstore.com website to find out. Let us know what you find out please! ~Vicki

• Eliza

Thinking about to have s since will not have to paint entire kitchen. I could use something very art deco ... But where do I find that ???

• Debbie Ella

Click the "See More" button next to the item in the materials list above.

• Can this idea be used to cover old, outdated formica back splash?

• Angel

If you want ceramics tile I took cheap paneling and turned it over cut to fit back splash area because ( don’t want to glue tiles to drywall and backer board is expensive and most don’t know how to hang it )then I glued the tiles on and grouted Thank you great project

• Gail Dyslin

I am inspired! I moved into my home 13 years ago and have always detested my orange kitchen. The remodelers did a terrible job with the floor (no sub floor on old original 100 y/o wood floor) so I got new linoleum for it, cannot afford new counter tops or black splash at t his point. wow I cannot wait to try this!!