Asked on Nov 4, 2016

Dresser mirror support

Barbara Boxberger WhiteSteveWilliam
+4

I have a dresser that has a large heavy mirror. It has rails but the rail screws are missing and I'm trying to figure out what to use that will hold it in place and stable.
    William

Use the existing rails and replace the missing screws. There should be holes from the screws in the mirror frame and the dresser. Just make sure the screws are at least 1/14" long.

• Bobbie
    Bobbie

Head to your nearest hardware store and get more screws. Be sure they at least 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 inches Long to replace missing screws.

• Barbara Boxberger White
    Barbara Boxberger White

Done that. Hard, so far, to find right diameter that fit the bracket hole and weight. (I haunt the hardware stores)

William

There are so many different size screws available, something has to fit. Check out Home Depot, Lowes, or Menards. I don't understand what you mean by weight.

• Steve
    Steve

Was the mirror originally from this dresser? If not you may have to try a different approach. Otherwise a #10__1 1/4" to 1 1/2" Phillips flat head screw usually does the trick.

• Barbara Boxberger White
    Barbara Boxberger White

It is the original. I'll check that size, thanks