DIY Sea Shells and Vinyl Wall Art

This is an easy project which will take around an hour or two depending on the size of your vinyl record and the complexity of the pattern. Here is a list of the things you need in order to make this beautiful wall art decoration for your home.
an old vinyl
black marker
instant adhesive
sea shells, rocks, sea glass, scallops
water-based varnish
First use the marker to fill in the label of the vinyl record. Then think about a composition and choose the shells. I prefer to work form the outside towards the center, it is easier that way. Start glueing the shells and scallops. Once you're done apply a layer or two of water-based varnish and leave it to dry. This will give your sea shells a wonderful glaze. I recommend you use a small brush, that way you can cover all the small details. I hope you like it. Tell me what you think about it :)
diy sea shells and vinyl wall art, crafts, A memory of warmer days to make you feel better
A memory of warmer days to make you feel better.
diy sea shells and vinyl wall art, crafts, Some shells the tricky part is to find many with similar size
Some shells, the tricky part is to find many with similar size.
diy sea shells and vinyl wall art, crafts, Scallops to create a pattern and fill the holes between the shells
Scallops to create a pattern and fill the holes between the shells.
diy sea shells and vinyl wall art, crafts, Use your imagination and create different patterns
Use your imagination and create different patterns.
diy sea shells and vinyl wall art, crafts, Be careful not to stick your fingers together
Be careful not to stick your fingers together.
diy sea shells and vinyl wall art, crafts, Use black marker to fill in the label of the vinyl
Use black marker to fill in the label of the vinyl
diy sea shells and vinyl wall art, crafts, Make it glossy using water based varnish
Make it glossy using water-based varnish.
diy sea shells and vinyl wall art, crafts, Here is the finished wall art I hope you like it
Here is the finished wall art, I hope you like it.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 7 comments
Next