Diane Woods
Diane Woods
  • Franklin, TN

Laundry Room Update

$800
3 Weeks

My before pictures were wiped out when I upgraded my phone, but we had a gloomy laundry room with brownish pink colored paint, baskets of flowers wallpaper boarder, old sheet linoleum floors, and mismatched cabinets. Now I have a bright room that I absolutely love. I'm still working on the right accessories, but in 3 weeks of work, we created a great new updated laundry room.
Bright updated laundry room that took us about 3 weeks, some upcycling and creativity, not a lot of money, and all DIY.  We are so pleased with the result.
Bright updated laundry room that took us about 3 weeks, some upcycling and creativity, not a lot of money, and all DIY. We are so pleased with the result.
These used to be flat plank cabinets.  I put beadboard wallpaper, trim and caulk to make them match upper cabinets.  A couple coats of poly and new knobs, and they look new.
These used to be flat plank cabinets. I put beadboard wallpaper, trim and caulk to make them match upper cabinets. A couple coats of poly and new knobs, and they look new.
This was a shelf tower (that you buy and build for about $50) that we turned on its side to make our upper shelves.  We permanently fascented the movable shelves and customized.
This was a shelf tower (that you buy and build for about $50) that we turned on its side to make our upper shelves. We permanently fascented the movable shelves and customized.
I wallpapered the upper parts of the shelf to hide the holes,  We trimmed with crown and a bit of wood to give it a more built in look.
I wallpapered the upper parts of the shelf to hide the holes, We trimmed with crown and a bit of wood to give it a more built in look.
Vintage curtains from my Mom turned on the side and clipped up.  The cabinet had been in our kitchen for years.  I just painted it.  The ironingboard cabinet on the left was given wallpaper and paint to match too,
Vintage curtains from my Mom turned on the side and clipped up. The cabinet had been in our kitchen for years. I just painted it. The ironingboard cabinet on the left was given wallpaper and paint to match too,
Plank vinyl flooring on the diagonal.  A little more of a challenge than straight across, but I think the long narrow room needed it.
Plank vinyl flooring on the diagonal. A little more of a challenge than straight across, but I think the long narrow room needed it.
Shelf to keep stuff from falling behind and give me a place to accesorize.
Old bar flourescent light replaced with pot lights

• Mary M

Love it!!! You did a great job and have gave me some good ideas to update my own laundry room. Thanks!!!!

• Matina V

You did a fabulous job. I have plain plank cabinet doors that I must redo. Yours look great and you have inspired me to try my hand at it.