Carla Haselhorst
Carla Haselhorst
  • Aviston, IL

How Do You Keep Track of the Plants or Seeds You Buy Each Year ?

Many years ago ,I bought small photo albums 4"x6" size with plastic sleeves and I store the tags alphabetically that come with the plants, the seed packets, and general info on a particular plant from another source if I bought something that was not labelled or a pass along plant . I like being able to go searching for a certain cultivar I liked online or in person at a later date if it did well and I only bought one or two and if you like to photograph, share plants,or have garden visitors it's great to have the plants name somewhere when someone asks you, "what is it ?" I often have brain fade when someone is in my gardens and I can't remember a plants name and it is happening more and more, the little albums are invaluable and easy to take along when plant shopping .
how do you keep track of the plants or seeds you buy each year, gardening

• Beve Falley

Thanks for sharing your great idea, Carla! In the past I've used shoeboxes with index dividers but I like your idea much better. :)

• Myrna Engle

This is the most lovely, thoughtful and obviously successful way to store seeds and info. that I have ever seen.