Hallway Nook Makeover

When we moved into our home, all the walls were white and the cabinets were builder grade oak. I explored some options on how to bring some personality into this hallway nook and decided to use paint, stencils, floating glass shelves, and a Rustoleum cabinet transformation kit.
First, I painted the inside wall Zen by Benjamin Moore and then I used a moroccan stencil to apply metallic silver paint.
After finishing the wall stencil, I installed 2 floating glass shelves that I ordered at a glass store to fit into the space. I bought floating shelf brackets on Ebay that install on the back wall so it appears that the glass is floating, hence floating glass shelves!
Next, I refinished the hallway cabinet. I bought the Rustoleum cabinet transformation kit in espresso which includes the stain, poly, and poly remover. Remove the poly from the cabinet before you re-stain it.
Apply the stain to the cabinet with a cheese cloth or paint brush. Finish it off with a coat of poly to seal in the perfection! Don't set anything on it for at least 48 hours.
I love the statement it makes in the hallway now compared to the white, bare hallway before. The hard part is to decide what to put on the amazing floating shelves! To see the full tutorial, visit Mommy's Tool Belt.

• Floating Glass Shelves
  • Stencil
  • Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation

Christina

• Gail Cleveland

how did you attach the glass shelves?

• Christina

I have a picture of the brackets on my blog.. they look like duck beaks that pinch the glass. Make sure to get the right size brackets for the width and length of the glass along with the weight of what you're planning to put on it.

• Cka8812544

Hi! Can you tell me what stencil you used and where it came from?

• Cka8812544

Thanks so much! Happy to hear it's large..... using it in the back of very large built in book cases.

• Sandy

Is the poly remover the same thing as deglosser?

• Christina

Yes they will be the same thing. The deglosser comes in the Rustoleum kit.

• Debi53

Such a small area, but such a large impact. This is a real eye catcher/statement area. Love it. Great work!

• Barb

STUNNING!! Looks like a picture from a magazine. Add a long runner that would ready set it off. 🤩