Interior Stairs Makeover

After seeing so many stair makeovers, I finally took the plunge and pulled the 20+ year old carpet off of mine. I painted the stairs, added some additional trim along the sides and beadboard wallpaper on the risers. I love the way they turned out!
interior stairs makeover, stairs, Finished steps
Finished steps.
interior stairs makeover, stairs, Old dirty carpet
Old dirty carpet.
interior stairs makeover, stairs, Sanded and filled staple and nail holes
Sanded and filled staple and nail holes.
interior stairs makeover, stairs, Prime caulk and new trim
Prime, caulk and new trim.
interior stairs makeover, stairs, Four coats of porch and floor paint three coats of polyurethane on stair treads Adding beadboard wallpaper on risers Then painted risers and trim Added an additional piece of trim between riser and tread
Four coats of porch and floor paint, three coats of polyurethane on stair treads. Adding beadboard wallpaper on risers. Then painted risers and trim. Added an additional piece of trim between riser and tread.
interior stairs makeover, stairs, Done Not an extremely difficult project but it was time consuming Still so worth it
Done! Not an extremely difficult project, but it was time consuming. Still, so worth it.

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 116 comments
Next