Vanity For the Fashion Lover

Some people rescue pets. I rescue furniture.
This was AFTER I stripped off the top
Do you see that? The broken foot? The chipped veneer? The top was all buckled and it's already stripped in this picture. So there's actually a before before lol!! She was in a damp basement on the East End of Long Island and was begging to come home with me.
This is me. Determined to take it all home in my little red Jeep. And I did. After a few "you'll have to make two trips" comments from the folks picking through the remnants of the final minutes of the tag sale- I showed them. One unsafe, clumsy trip later, we were all home.
Here's the scrub down. Doors off. I was getting a vision! Now all of you paint haters out there will cringe.. but really? She was broken, battered and ignored!
Stripped the doors and traced that outline with some clear plastic to make myself a pattern..
I love my 1gel! Decopodge, Image transfer.. the best stuff ever. I think I'd eat it if I could. You can purchase it online at heirloomtraditionspaint.com and get a discount with my coupon code TLD!
Flipped the doors so those little pointy pieces pointed downwards and showcased my fancy gals.
All of the products here are from Heirloom Traditions. I wanted to match those dresses so I mixed up Vintiques Tiffany with just a splash of Seaside Blue. Perfect match!
Aging Dust is my favorite go-to when you want to keep your color pure, but age the details..here's the process. I used the Heirloom Traditions clear wax in Paste form .. sprinkle the dust and wipe it away..
Falls in all the right places.
She had a mirror and chair too. The fabric on the chair painted over perfectly with some FAB and Ala Mode.. here's a shot of the " foot fix"
You can purchase everything I used here on the Heirloom Traditions website. Don't forget to use my discount coupon TLD so the folks over there know I shared my secrets with you! Thanks for staying until the end and for following Tamara Lee Designs. My Facebook page has a " Shop Now" button for the products I used. Have a wonderful day!
More shots of her on the page!

• Marilyn Vollman

What did you use to reform the foot ?

• Rca4567968

I have used a product called KwikWood. It molds like clay but has an epoxy base and dries hard and will take stain, great for repairing furniture

• Lisa House

Beautifully done! My question is about your Jeep...how much do you like the Renegade? I am thinking about getting one and I do not know anyone who has one. Thank you for your time.

• Haha! I had a Liberty before and it's not as good as that. It's great on gas, but less cargo space than I'm used to. Overall, I'm happy with it. It's pretty new. Only glitches have been tech issues with Radio and GPS. Runs nicely.

• Teri Rothaus

I inherited a whole set like this. Two dressers nite stand and desk.. no bed.
    Ive never painted any furniture ... How do I get started .. I think I need
    a check list. And where's the best place to find supplies

if anyone can help w/ideas .. products to start with I'd appreciate it
    Im lost as to where to begin

Thank You in advance 🤗

• Jean

Yes !!! Most definitely !!! This is what I have been looking for, for sometime, had no idea that this was what I needed.....Thank You

• Mary

Lovely job.