Vanity For the Fashion Lover

$400
2 Months
Advanced

Some people rescue pets. I rescue furniture.

This was AFTER I stripped off the top

Do you see that? The broken foot? The chipped veneer? The top was all buckled and it's already stripped in this picture. So there's actually a before before lol!! She was in a damp basement on the East End of Long Island and was begging to come home with me.

This is me. Determined to take it all home in my little red Jeep. And I did. After a few "you'll have to make two trips" comments from the folks picking through the remnants of the final minutes of the tag sale- I showed them. One unsafe, clumsy trip later, we were all home.

Here's the scrub down. Doors off. I was getting a vision! Now all of you paint haters out there will cringe.. but really? She was broken, battered and ignored!

Stripped the doors and traced that outline with some clear plastic to make myself a pattern..

I love my 1gel! Decopodge, Image transfer.. the best stuff ever. I think I'd eat it if I could. You can purchase it online at heirloomtraditionspaint.com and get a discount with my coupon code TLD!

Flipped the doors so those little pointy pieces pointed downwards and showcased my fancy gals.

Aging dust

Falls in all the right places.

She had a mirror and chair too. The fabric on the chair painted over perfectly with some FAB and Ala Mode.. here's a shot of the " foot fix"

Thanks for staying until the end and for following Tamara Lee Designs. Find me here, Etsy, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. Have a wonderful day!

More shots of her on the page!

• Pearl top coat  (Online)
  • Painters tape  (Ace Hardware)

30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Everything Red For Canada Day
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?

• Marilyn Vollman

What did you use to reform the foot ?

• Rca4567968

I have used a product called KwikWood. It molds like clay but has an epoxy base and dries hard and will take stain, great for repairing furniture

• Lisa House

Beautifully done! My question is about your Jeep...how much do you like the Renegade? I am thinking about getting one and I do not know anyone who has one. Thank you for your time.

• Haha! I had a Liberty before and it's not as good as that. It's great on gas, but less cargo space than I'm used to. Overall, I'm happy with it. It's pretty new. Only glitches have been tech issues with Radio and GPS. Runs nicely.

• Teri Rothaus

I inherited a whole set like this. Two dressers nite stand and desk.. no bed.
    Ive never painted any furniture ... How do I get started .. I think I need
    a check list. And where's the best place to find supplies

if anyone can help w/ideas .. products to start with I'd appreciate it
    Im lost as to where to begin

Thank You in advance 🤗

• Jean

Yes !!! Most definitely !!! This is what I have been looking for, for sometime, had no idea that this was what I needed.....Thank You

• Mary

Lovely job.