An Unusual Table

I bought this table at an auction. It didn´t look very inviting, but the fact that it had three levels sounded interesting. Then, when I had it home, I found it surprising!
As usual, I sanded the whole piece to bare wood because I didn´t want to cover it with paint this time. However, I wanted to add some design to it to make it interesting.
An old post in Hometalk made me familiar with the use of wood stain to "paint" on wood, and that is what I wanted to do. I drew some flowers on one of the levels
and started staining where shadows would be.
I found a problem here, because the wood was too dark and I couldn´t give the idea of lights in my painting. I used a colour wax then, white wax, and used it as paint for the lights.
I drew different number of flowers on each level, and used a few touches of green and turquoise in the stems.
Completed with the same colours for the central bar, foot, or whatever you call it in English! Help!
And here is my table ready! As I said, I found it surprising in some way when I had it home. First, because two of its levels are rotating, so it is excellent to serve!
And then, because all llevels can be folded, which makes it very practical when not in use.

Marcela Pena

• Joann

Did you check first to see if this had value with original stain? Some of these tables are worth a fortune-especially the ones that fold-and if you paint them they're worth next to nothing. Refinishing original stain is sometimes acceptable but most times all you need do is clean up original finish to retain value

• Sue

This table is from my parent's era. They had one of the tier tables but it didn't have the lazy Susans or fold but this is from 1930s and no later than 1940s. It is gorgeous but I would have refinished it to preserve its history, You have done wonders with it and it IS YOUR treasure so it looks happy enough to me!

• Tlfrazier97

I love this transformation. Can you tell me what color of green did you use on the remainder of the table and did you then use a dark wax?

• Marcela Pena

I didn´t use dark wax. I used a white one for the lights in the flowers. On the remainder of the table I used a combination of waxes: light green, turquoise and lima. But I am in Argentina, here I can buy these colored waxes called wax patina. I don{t know if you have this product in USA