How to Paint Steelers Football Ceiling Fan

We recently made over my husband’s man cave or tv room and went all out with the Pittsburgh Steeler’s Football theme. Just to fill you in Mr Cc is a HUGE Steeler’s fan. He is from Pittsburgh and has the logo tattooed on his arm. Even if the Steelers are not your team you can do this with whatever your favorite team logo is.
He is a die hard fan, but he’s fabulous about letting me do whatever I want in the house so it was time to give him a room that he would love. We had an old ceiling fan that was here when we moved in (and eventually we'll change it) so I thought it would be fun to paint it and add the logos onto the ends of each of the blades. It was pretty easy to do and you could do it with whatever team you are a fan of.
Here’s what I did. I had him pull the blades off which was easy.
I took them outside and spray painted them black first. Here’s a tip too, I like to use these plastic cups to elevate what I’m painting, it makes it easier to get the sides well and then the item doesn’t stick to the paint cloth either. I then drew circles on for the logos and painted them in white. This was all done free hand with a bowl and I used a framed logo as a guide. I then traced the logo and drew it with pencil onto the circles. Then my daughter joined me for a little painting fun and helped with the diamonds. We then used a paint pen to outline the diamonds and the circles. You can get a much straighter line with it then with a paint brush, or at least I can…lol. So how fun is this? It may not be in any of the current decorating magazines but my hubs is so happy and loves the ceiling fan and his room….or the big joke is that it’s my room. He says I only did it for the blog….I don’t think so…lol. We already had the fan, and I had most of the paint, just bought the blue, so the cost was less than $1 and some time. Step by Step on the blog. Thank you, Lisa

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll