The Easiest Way to Clean Glitter

303K Views
In the world of arts and crafts, nothing is messier than glitter! Lucky for me, my girls love using glitter and I hate cleaning glitter off of every surface. I found this great trick on a website for cleaning glitter using play dough and I had to try it. I can’t believe how fast it cleaned up every speck of glitter from my floor. Now I don’t have to dread using glitter when crafting with my girls!
Time: 1 MinutesCost: $1Difficulty: Easy
  • easiest way to clean glitter, cleaning tips
Here's the disaster in progress. No matter what container glitter is put in is seems to always get knocked over.
This spill isn’t even a bad spill, but I know if I tried using any other way to clean up this glitter, I would be finding pieces of it everywhere for weeks. Even a vacuum cleaner seems to leave wandering glitter pieces all over my house.
Step 1: Grab a container of play dough
All you need is a jar of play dough for this trick. Don't worry - you won't be wasting it!
Step 2: Roll and press play dough over your glitter spill
I used a mini jar of play dough because you really only need a small amount to grab up all the glitter.
I quickly kneaded the play dough all over the glitter puddle. Because there were larger sized star glitter pieces mixed in, I had to dab at them a little. Normal sized glitter comes up with no extra work needed.
And voila! Look at that clean floor...
Boy am I happy.
And bonus: now my daughter has sparkly play dough for play time.
She’s so happy, I'm nervous she'll start spilling glitter on purpose!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Play dough