The Easiest Way to Clean Glitter

1 Material
$1
1 Minute

In the world of arts and crafts, nothing is messier than glitter! Lucky for me, my girls love using glitter and I hate cleaning glitter off of every surface. I found this great trick on a website for cleaning glitter using play dough and I had to try it. I can’t believe how fast it cleaned up every speck of glitter from my floor. Now I don’t have to dread using glitter when crafting with my girls!

Here's the disaster in progress. No matter what container glitter is put in is seems to always get knocked over.

This spill isn’t even a bad spill, but I know if I tried using any other way to clean up this glitter, I would be finding pieces of it everywhere for weeks. Even a vacuum cleaner seems to leave wandering glitter pieces all over my house.

Step 1: Grab a container of play dough

All you need is a jar of play dough for this trick. Don't worry - you won't be wasting it!

Step 2: Roll and press play dough over your glitter spill

I used a mini jar of play dough because you really only need a small amount to grab up all the glitter.

I quickly kneaded the play dough all over the glitter puddle. Because there were larger sized star glitter pieces mixed in, I had to dab at them a little. Normal sized glitter comes up with no extra work needed.

And voila! Look at that clean floor...

Boy am I happy.

And bonus: now my daughter has sparkly play dough for play time.

She’s so happy, I'm nervous she'll start spilling glitter on purpose!

• Play dough

15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss

• Melanie
    Melanie

I jokingly refer to glitter as "demon dust"😈 it gets EVERYWHERE! NOW I know how to easily remove it's remnants. Thank u.

• Ashley
    Ashley

I never used it to clean up glitter spills, but I did add glitter to my daughter's playdoh just to make it sparkly....They sell glitter playdoh for $5.00 per box, and it's a box of the tiny containers...You can buy regular playdoh, in the big containers, for $0.50...So I just bought every color they had, and mixed in craft glitter from home. She ended up with 3 times as much glittery playdoh, for about the same price...