Pillow Talk.

Okay. I like millions of others have a well loved leather sofa, well two. I really wanted to put scatter cushions on them, to soften and cosyify the look.
Well loved.
Well loved.
Anyone who has leather chairs knows put cushions on and the refuse to stay upright. They slipped and slide so much I get fed up trying to make them do what I want them to do, I give up and make cosy dog beds out of offending cushions.
pillow talk
This time I'm determined to have cushions which stay put. I went shopping, found some, Yay. Then I nearly choked when I saw the price. €60 each. Ouch!! Not for me,so I went to Penny's or Primary, there I bought the normal ones for €3 each.
pillow talk
I also bought these little decorative stones, €1.50. I had nappy /diaper bags. I put some of the stones in the bags, ripped a small hole in the seam at the bottom of the cushion and put the little bag of stones inside.
pillow talk
I used an Orange coloured bag, so I could show you.
I stitched the tear back together and VIOLA the cushion stayed in place. Horray it's a happy day.
Standing cushion.
Standing cushion.
I bought drop cloth, I cut a cardboard heart shape. I have some pieces of fabric and fusible webbing. So I made so cushion covers for my standing up cushions.
Supplies
Supplies
I used a plain white pillow case as a lining because the drop cloth was a bit see through. Maybe there are other ones that are thicker fabric, but this was not expensive and it is cotton.
My heart,cotton cushion covers.
My heart,cotton cushion covers.
I have a heart shaped cushion so I made butterfly covers for those.
pillow talk
And that's all folks. My cheap and cheerful solution to my well loved leather sofa. I have also made some Christmas covers. I'm like an excited child, wishing the time away so I can put them on the chairs. Here's a sneak preview.
Ho ho ho!!!
Ho ho ho!!!
Knitted covers, I knit them too.

• Cushion filler, and stones  (Penny's department store)
  • Drop cloth  (Hardware store)
  • Fabric, pillow cases, sewing machine  (I have here.)

• Joc11624795

U did a beautiful job , I have this wooden bench I'm going to redo & I wanted to put some pillows on it but had the same prob I was about to give up & I saw ur pillows I was also thinking of those little beans that they put in bean chairs but yours look better now I have to finish that redo

• Sandra Crosbie

Thank you Jocelyn. It really is a simple solution to a slippery problem. Please post your bench when you finish it. Merry Christmas to you.🎄🎈