Sherry@Savvy Apron
Sherry@Savvy Apron
  • Trussville, AL

Updated Farmhouse Kitchen Light Fixture

My light fixture was 14 years old, and I still loved the iron scroll pattern but I really disliked the goldish colored globes. I have seen so many light fixtures that are made with galvanized metal, and I wanted one in my kitchen. I could not find one in my price range so I decided to change the globes to give the light a more farmhouse llok.
updated farmhouse kitchen light fixture, kitchen design
I removed the gold colored globes and went shopping to find something that would work with my existing fixture. I found some galvanized metal buckets that look like they would fit perfect.
I drilled holes in the bottom of the buckets. I used the rings from the old globes to hold the buckets in place. I was concerned that the galvanized metal buckets might make the room and the table dark from not providing much light but it actually made the table and the room brighter.
This project took me 10 minutes to drill the holes and cost me less than $25. The best part of the project is that we did not have to remove the light fixture from the ceiling and install a new light fixture. Both time and money saved!

• Galvanized metal buckets
  • Bi metal saw bit
Sherry@Savvy Apron

• Donna A.
    Yesterday

OMG, I never would have thought to use galvanized buckets instead of shades. Super adorable!! I just might try something like this. Thanks so much for sharing!

• Cry22488062
    15 hours ago

Where did you find your buckets? They are the perfect size for your light. Great idea.