Quick Leafy Autumn Placemats

A piece of felt and leaves purchased at the Dollar Store. That's it! FREE MATCHING PRINTABLE PLACECARDS TOO!
SUPPLIES
NOTES: I used a 12″ x 18″ piece of thin stiff felt I already had and made a 12″ circle for the base. It took approximately 55 2″ to 3″ leaves to cover it.
⚫ Fall Leaves
⚫Large Deep Yellow Felt
⚫ Glue Gun
I wanted to use as much of the felt sheet as I could so I tested several large plates and as it turned out my deviled egg platter was exactly 12″ wide and perfect. I turned it upside down and traced my circle on.
Cut out the circle.
Starting on the outside, use a small dot of glue at the center base of each leaf and glue them on, overlapping just enough so none of the felt shows through.
You don’t want the leaves to lay completely flat so remember to just use one dot of glue.
Continue as before, overlapping each leaf just enough to make sure the felt does not show through.
You will eventually work your way to the center at which point you will only needed one to three leaves to cover it. NOTE: If you find there any spots where the felt does indeed show through, just cut a leaf down and glue a piece of it behind the other leaves and over the spot just enough to cover it. I had to do that on three spots. Works perfectly!
This is the finished placemat! It could also be used as a doily.
It’s nicely finished on the back also. A set of these would make a lovely gift.
***CLICK HERE FOR PLACECARD DOWNLOAD***

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Lori Welch

Real or fake leaves??

• Patty LeVasseur

great idea but what about spills/ splatters on it? how would you clean up ..like speggetti sauce /wine etc/...

• Only use them with "neat" people? Ü Just kidding.

Yes that could be an issue. Most of it is covered with the plate depending on the size you make. Major spills could be a problem. As someone else mentioned you could do a couple coats of spray on sealer. that would help things wipe off a bit easier if done right away.

• Louise

Could you spray on a sealer or would you use Modpoge? Dollar Tree also has round placemats made of a straw type material, in great colors. How can you ever, ever get toooo many fall leaves. Good Job!

• Best Garden Outdoor

Fold the card in half lengthways. Cut long lines in the card about 1 inch apart and about 1 inch from the edge of the card.

Cut the paper into strips about 1 inch wide. Take a strip of paper and pass it under the card and then up through the first slit, down through the second and back up through the third and so on until you reach the other side of the card. Push it up so it sits as close to the top of the brown card as it can reach.

Repeat with a different coloured strip of paper, starting the other way, down through the first slit and up through the second and so on. Repeat until the card is full.

Laminating will protect your mat.

Source: https://www.primeareviews.com/best-fertilizer-for-st-augustine-grass/

• Von

All these great ideas but unfortunately we don't have a dollar tree shop ( which sounds like they have everything) I wish we did have anything like that here in Australia, even if these were real leaves, no autumn leaves either we are now in spring, ha ha! Plus where I live in metropolitan Melbourne we have been in stage 4 total lockdown since the 2nd of August, numbers are finally dropping, so hope to hear something positive in a weeks time. So much time on our hands and no motivation. Thank God for the internet. Keep safe.🇦🇺