Recycling an Old Out Dated Coffee Table Into a Useful Kitchen Island

I just wanted to show you all what we did with an over size outdated coffee table and we love it!
See our coffee table we converted into a kitchen island...
We needed more counter space in this small rental home, the old style coffee table we had was huge,old and solid, but we didn't have room for it in our LR... So it occurred to me, why not make an island out of it and that's exactly what we did. He put the 4x4 posts on it for legs and wheels that lock and I did all the refinishing, the faux marble painting and 4 coats of clear polyurethane over the entire thing.
We love it and still use it as a counter in our tiny kitchen.
Here's our finished recycled Kitchen Island, last coat of polyurethane drying.
This is the top, faux painted by your's truly,lol and the carvings were already in it. I didn't want them covered so I worked around them. This entire project was sanded by before I started the faux paint finish on the top.
As you can see I trimmed in a flat black paint and did faux painting on the side shelves.
I ended up with an 'appliance garage' too! :-)
Here it sits in our little kitchen and gets used daily. It still looks as good as the day I finished it.. that was 2 years ago. :-)

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 15 comments
Next