How to Naturally Polish Silver

How many times do you use your silver utensils? Let me guess – at Thanksgiving and maybe one more special occasion during the year? Silver utensils tend to tarnish, even with use. Learn how to easily polish your silver utensils with this all-natural technique.
how to naturally polish silver, how to
Growing up, my family always hosted Thanksgiving dinner. Most years, the tables snaked through several rooms, filling the house with 20-30 family and friends. My mom prepared for the feast the entire month of November and somehow, made this preparation fun. I couldn’t wait to help her, especially polishing the silver.
This year, we are hosting our first Thanksgiving with the entire family, although a much smaller crowd than my memories of Thanksgiving past.
When we moved to our forever home several years ago, my mother gave me Grandma’s entire set of silver. I made the decision to use the pieces every day, rather than waiting for a special occasion.
Even though we use these pieces frequently, they still need to be polished for our upcoming Thanksgiving meal.
how to naturally polish silver, how to
There is an “all-natural” method to polishing silver using aluminum and baking soda, however, we are trying to minimize the amount of aluminum our family uses. So what else works? TOOTHPASTE!
If the tarnish is stubborn, you may have to give it a couple of rounds. But you don’t have to use gloves, you don’t have to breath in toxic chemicals, and you don’t have to re-wash your silver afterwards to clean off the chemicals.
how to naturally polish silver, how to
Just “brush your silver” like you would your teeth. Rinse and enjoy your new sparkling utensils.
how to naturally polish silver, how to
Want to see the entire DIY and article? Click on the link below and head over to the blog post. I would love for you to stop by and say hello and let me know what you think!

• Toothpaste  (http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=755886&u=776422&m=59769&urllink=&afftrack=)
Holly Bertone | Pink Fortitude