Metallic Copper Christmas Tree

I'm not officially decorating for Christmas yet, but some projects require a little bit of time and planning so I've been thinking ahead this year. I had this little basic cheap 3 foot tree. I love Christmas trees, I have them in many shapes and sizes all over my house during the holidays. I find that the unique color trees tend to be really expensive though, and I wanted a copper tree just this size for a specific holiday setup in a very specific area of the house. It HAD to be a 3 foot tree, but I just couldn't find what I wanted in any store.
I decided I would paint my own. Yep, you can paint just about anything, including a Christmas tree! Spray paint would work too, but in this case I wanted a custom color that didn't quite match my spray paint options. I needed it to match just right. So I decided to use my Finish Max paint sprayer.
The first step, if your tree is prelit (which most are these days) is to cover the lights. A small square of painters tape on each light is plenty. My kids had fun helping me with this part. They enjoyed hunting down all the lights trying to find them all. It took about 10 minutes to cover all of the lights on this three foot tree. Obviously a bigger tree will take quite a bit longer.
I thinned my copper paint just slightly to work better in my paint sprayer. I love this sprayer, no compressor needed, just pour the paint, plug it in and go! Saves me a BUNCH of time painting stuff like furniture, and hey, Christmas trees too! The 3 foot tree fit perfectly in the pop up spray shelter. No mess is a good thing!
It took almost an entire 8oz pot of the metallic paint to cover the 3 foot tree completely.
I really wish the camera did it justice... the metallic paint really does shine!
The best part about this project is that you can literally use any color of the rainbow! If you can find it in a paint color, you can spray your tree that color!
To see the complete supply list and more information about this project you can visit my personal blog by clicking the link below :)

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Kelli @CraftShackChronicles

• JoAnn Green

Where did u get that spray paint booth? I need one and don’t have any idea what to call them or to get one. I love that. Your tree is beautiful

• JoAnn Green

I’d love to, but where did u get that spray booth?? I really could use one.

• Maritza Salas McKinney

what does it do to the fireproof part of it.

is it safe or lights don’t get hot enough to worry!

just wondering!

• Barbara Hill

What a great idea, looks beautiful!!!

• Judy Stambaugh

I spray painted my 3 foot tree last year. It was quite with clear lights. I sprayed it blac, added silver ornaments and with the clear lights it was beautiful! This year it is decked in light green ornaments and.again I love it!!