DIY Aztec Print Succulent Pots

$60

I love the look of these perfectly imperfect painted terra cotta pots. These days, I'm loving all things desert-inspired with a decidedly Southwestern feel, so creating these DIY black and white patterned pots was the perfect way to beautify my house with an easy art project!
diy aztec print succulent pots, flowers, gardening, succulents
Sand terra cotta pot and saucer. Any medium grit sanding block should do the trick. Make sure you wipe all of the leftover dust off of your post after you're done with a damp rag.
Spray pot with matte white spray paint and saucer with matte spray paint of any color of your choosing. I chose Rustoleum's Robin's Egg for my saucers.
Draw pattern on pot with pencil. Drawing your pattern free-hand will give your pots a more rustic, lived-in look, which I love. And the hand-drawn look is exactly what I wanted here.
Trace and fill pattern with black paint pen. You really can't mess up here. Again, I prefer the hand-painted, perfectly imperfect look. It adds character!
Spice up your pots with a little bit of gold leaf! For the gilding you'll need gold leaf flakes (you can also use "sheets"), gilding adhesive, all-purpose sealer and a foam brush, all of which you can find at a craft store like Michael's! I didn't add the gilding to all of my pots, but you certainly could if you like the look, and it's a fairy easy thing to do.
Plant your succulents.

• Terra cotta pots and saucers  (Home Depot)
  • Multi Surface Black Paint Pen - chisel tip  (Michael's)
  • White Matte/Flat Spray Paint  (Home Depot)
Love & Specs

• Maria T Ford

These are so pretty. Can you tell me which part came up to 60.00 cause I so want to make these?

• Carol

Ladies, my husband is so cheap he squeaks when he reaches for his wallet. He's that way when it come to my check too! The pots are beautiful and I love the gold leaf at the top. Did you by the way, spray the finished pot with varnish to keep the paint from coming off? Great job. I love it.

• Giorgia

loved it

• Julia

Giorgia send me an easy Feijoada recipe! I loved it when I lived in Rio as a little girl.