Create Easy Access to the Kitchen Corner Cabinets

$00

I had an awkward corner unit {2 cabinets} which was difficult to reach into the back and some space were not utilized. A quick fix and it cost us zero $$$
The finished {single} cabinet. We fixed the two doors together to form one L-shaped door.
The arrow points to previous "dead" space and the X's mark the sides we removed.
After removal of the sides - we added some filler pieces of Melamine and shifted the cabinet, on the right, against the cabinet on the left.
Self explanatory pic, I think ;-)
Only one handle to open the bigger single cabinet now. {the handle on the left is purely for visual effect}
With added under-shelf baskets I gained even more space and as you can see, it is being utilized 100%

3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Linda@With A Blast

• Ana1964997

I worry that the weight of the two attached doors will put too much weight on the hinges and the doors will start sagging and finally not close correctly. I noticed this in some friends corner doors like this. Any idea how to avoid this?

• Sheryl Gilliland

One more nice storage is on the door itself! The front door ( not the one that has the dummy handle, can be fitted with drawers. This makes use of the front unused space of the cupboard and allows more drawer space. My husband did this for me and it was a dream set up.

• Sabrina

After the removal board that separated the the area inside. How did you support the shelves. It's stated filler Melanie was used.
    • Linda@With A Blast

Sabrina, we used 4 small pieces of flatbar (3mm thick) secured with wood screws, under the Melamine piece to keep the Melamine in place

• Joann Crane

What a wonderful idea. I wish I had known about this before I put in my new kitchen. I put a lazy susan in my corner and there is a lot of wasted space but I do enjoy not having to get on my knees to look for a pan. It is a wonderful idea thanks for sharing.
  • Debbie

I had the same situation. I bought shelves and was able to stack the pans and lighten the load a bit. have fun...