How To Tie A Christmas Bow in 3 Easy Steps

$2

I don't know about you, but I'm busy planning out my Christmas decor. This bow has been around for years and this Christmas, I decided to use it as the topper of my tree. I love the look of a nice full bow; it really sets the mood for the holidays. Now don't be intimidated, in just 3 easy steps you will be tying bows like a professional gift wrapper at Macy's!
Step 1. Fold your ribbon into an accordion shape. I went back and forth 5 times. This is where you decide how big you want your bow to be!
Step 2. Place your pipe cleaner in the middle of you folds and twist. This is closing the bow and keeping it in place. You can also use wire for this step, but pipe cleaners are easier to handle in my opinion.
Step 3. Fluff! This is where you give your bow shape. Pull the loops side to side to achieve your desired fullness. This ribbon does not have wire, but if yours does this is the step to mold it to your desired shape.
To secure the bow to your tree, use the left over pipe cleaner ends and twist them around a branch.
Ahhh, don't you just love Christmas? The possibilities are really endless with this bow. You could use it on a wreath, presents, your dog's collar, go crazy!
Processing...

• Nancy Lingle

Your video is misleading. I thought you were going to show how you made the large bow to use as a tree topper. Can you please show how to make the large bow?

• Kay Cloninger Kirby

Use wire ribbon 9 inch loops depends on size you want bow to be I usually do 7 or8 loops on each side finish it up with chenille stem or zip tie then separate the loops to form your bow ... wire ribbon is much easier ..hers was a great tutorial

• Sandra M

If I have ribbon that has an obvious font side and back side then using the accordion folding method doesn't make the most attractive looking bow. Does anybody know any other techniques to use when this is the case?

• Susan QC

This is for Marlene. If you look at the pictures in the post, see the one where she is laying the silver pipe cleaner across the ribbon? If you take a pair of scissors and make a little nick in each side right under where her thumbs are, when you put your pipe cleaner or wire there it will cut down on the bulk in the center.

• Priscilla Waller

How do you attach the long streamers of ribbon?

• Jo Ann Spofford

I always leave a tail hanging the length that I want it. Begin folding above the tail. I love making my own bows.

• 27524803

A tip to get the wire really tight... Go twice around the center of the bow with the wire, with both ends of the wire to the bottom. Hold the bow in the center of one hand with the 2 ends of the wire between your first and middle fingers (like holding a wine glass) .. with your other hand, put your first knuckle of your first finger against the bottom of the bow and pull hard on both wires... use the bow hand to turn the bow and twist the wire several times.
  • Kim

Thanks, I like easy bow's. Can't wait to get home and start making some.