Coat Rack Made From An Old Door

A lot of older homes don't have mud rooms or coat closets! And some closets just aren't used, especially by kids, they'd rather make a pile on the floor! This is a more creative solution, other than pegs in the wall!
Solid Wood Door
Note to self, if you want to try a project like this on your own, try to find a door without the paint on it. I probably spend 4-5 hours trying to remove 4 layers of paint. Such a pain!
It’s important to note that this is an old, solid wood door, so it is really sturdy and easy to add hangers on.
John added crown molding to the top and a base so it could be self standing. The door rests on the bottom shelf help securely by L-Brackets on the bottom.
We painted it a new red by Benjamin Moore called Caliente AF-290 then added a door knob, along with the coat hangers. If this were in my house, I would add hangers half way down, for kids coats and back packs! Here’s how she came out and I’ve got to say… I love her!!!

To see more: http://funcycled.com/projects/old-door-turned-into-a-coat-hanger-tuesdays-treasures