Erin Fuller
Erin Fuller
  • High Point, NC

Pallet Candles

My Dad sent me a picture of a wooden candle set he found in a store... I took the idea and ran with it...
pallet candles, pallet
I took 3 pallet slats and cut them to length. I painted them and distressed them using stain. Because they are tall, I needed to find a way to brace them on the base so they would be sturdy. I used L brackets with short wood screw in the back and then I laid them down and used one REALLY long screw the bottom of each. To attach the flame, I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the flame and the top of the candle. I put a bit of wood glue on the metal rod to secure them. Then decorate to your pleasure!

• Pallets
  • Paint/Stain
  • L Brackets

• Cynthia

How adorable! Great job! How did you make the flames? What tool was used? Thank you.

• R Walter

you can also use a jig saw just follow the lines drawn from your template

• Ko

What sizes were candle sticks? So cute

• Vero

Where do you get the metal rod for the flame? Thanks!

• Sheila Wissler Risberg

AWESOME!!! This might be a new project this year!!

• Bkd344734

I saw something similar in Germany last year, when I visited my family. Instead of pallet boards, they used tree trunks. Advent is very popular there, so they used 4. All different sizes. Their flames were rusted metal and I have been trying to find a place who would sell them. Any idea?
    I will definitely make mine out of pallet boards. Great idea!