Pallet Candles

My Dad sent me a picture of a wooden candle set he found in a store... I took the idea and ran with it...
I took 3 pallet slats and cut them to length. I painted them and distressed them using stain. Because they are tall, I needed to find a way to brace them on the base so they would be sturdy. I used L brackets with short wood screw in the back and then I laid them down and used one REALLY long screw the bottom of each. To attach the flame, I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the flame and the top of the candle. I put a bit of wood glue on the metal rod to secure them. Then decorate to your pleasure!

• Pallets
  • Paint/Stain
  • L Brackets

10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer

• Sheila Wissler Risberg
    Sheila Wissler Risberg

AWESOME!!! This might be a new project this year!!
  • Bkd344734
    Bkd344734

I saw something similar in Germany last year, when I visited my family. Instead of pallet boards, they used tree trunks. Advent is very popular there, so they used 4. All different sizes. Their flames were rusted metal and I have been trying to find a place who would sell them. Any idea?
    I will definitely make mine out of pallet boards. Great idea!