Kitchen Kelli
Kitchen Kelli
  • Norman, OK

Recycle and Repurpose of Desk Part III

As we make more end tables/night stands from old desks I post in order to show you how different desks and colors can enhance your decor.
We used black satin and pebble - #krylonpaints - giving it a sleek modern look.
Exactly how we purchased it for $5.  Had no hardware but solid wood and yet it is light weight.
Exactly how we purchased it for $5. Had no hardware but solid wood and yet it is light weight.
Husband used a circular saw to cut the drawers away from the other part of the desk.
This is a straight on picture in the sunlight.
Used the top drawer pulls from our very first desk to stand repurpose (go to posts page to see).
I am still amazed desk to stand/end table takes only a few hours!

Kitchen Kelli

• Pam

fantastic! Love this night stand, if you can find two desk the same height you could make a new desk with lots of storage ,just add a top across both.

• Kitchen Kelli

@Pam Thank you! My husband and I liked this one so much, we kept it and use it in our bedroom. The great things about these are that desks offer you a much higher night stand for today's beds that are also much higher!

• Sarah Carroll

Thanks for sharing. Saw wooden crates for sale in a store today that brought memories back of how my sister made a night stand from a orange crate with a skirt she made . It was a great night stand. What made it even better it costed $00.00! In the fifties that was very important coming out of the depression, not everyone could have new things! You and your husband have talent in seeing what is not there, You will survive hard times, in fact you have the ability to do it and be happy,

• Kitchen Kelli

@Sarah Carroll How sweet of you to say! Thank you. I have big shoes to fill because my Nana actually taught me to make something from nothing as she went through the depression when my mom was a baby. She (by herself) built a desk from what would be considered pallets that my grandad used because he "drove the dray" in their town prior to him becoming Sheriff. We still have that desk. It is made of cedar slats that made up the pallets that the dray drug behind him making his way to town from the train station with goods ordered by the businesses of the town.