Mary Radich
Mary Radich
  • Eureka, CA
Asked on Nov 13, 2016

Can you spray paint a living tree?

Kaye HawthorneMary RadichMJLstr
+5

Can you spray paint a living tree?

It more likely will kill the tree.

• MJLstr

If you mean "living" as in potted, growing tree, then no spray painting it will kill it over time. If you mean "living" as a cut, previously alive tree, then I see no harm done. I would encourage postponing until shortly before the holiday and continuing to make sure the trunk is in water or well-watered sand.

• Mary Radich

Wow we'll mark that down as a stupid idea.

• Kaye Hawthorne

Florist use a special spray paint for flowers when a odd color is required, check with your florist or a nursery they may be able to direct you to the appropriate paint if one is available for your project.
  • Kaye Hawthorne

You're welcome! I know thone spray paints come in all colors so if you can spray floral's then don't see why you can't spray and decorate your tree with them.
    have fun and let us know what you find out.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
  • Kaye Hawthorne

lol ... hate spell check! Type a word in and it just changes it to whatever.
    Thone is those ...lol
    • Mary Radich

I found floral spray on Amazon. Comments revealed people using it on alive outdoor plants.Merry Christmas.Thanks again!