B.J. B
B.J. B
  • Lexington, MI

Easy Dollar Store Winter Village

I purchased the house, figures, and trees at the dollar store for $1.00 a package. I painted everything white, then added snow glitter. My husband cut out boards which I also painted white. I hot glued everything to the board and added more snow. It was a quick and easy project. I took some pictures, but the village really does look better in person. The figures look blurry, in part because they are covered in snow.
I sprayed the painted village pieces with clear acrylic matt spray for adhesion, then dusted everything with snow. After they dried I hot glued them to the board. I then mod podged the board and added vintage snow.
There were lots of variety of houses and figures. I made 4 scenes total using all different figures.
I used the small bottles of acrylic paint and small brush to get in all the cracks. I also added more glitter to the trees.