Bathroom Chair

I rent. I want that known. So not all in my home is my fault, but I'm trying to make it better, but I don't want to spend a fortune on a home that isn't MINE. Aren't we all? A friend of mine gave me some chairs with broken legs. Whilst in the shower - I had an epiphany!
So - here was the chair after I removed the broken legs and all the foam from the bottom. Who uses foam to fix a chair leg? Seriously! If it's you - STOP IT! There are better ways. Love my curtain rod hooks? They were part of my inspiration! Cleaned the sucker up.
This gosh awful eyesore. Again, forgive me - I rent!
Took apart the chair completely. Sanded it down real nice, don't ya think???
TIP!!! I numbered the top/bottom of each spindle as I removed them so I remembered their proper placement. 1-6 from left to right.
Filled the leg holes. Chair legs are so overrated!
5 Coats of stain later. Love the shade!!! Antique Jade! 3 coats of Poly.
The spindles did not want to cooperate with me. Plan B full steam ahead. Spray painted them suckers black!
Jan's Garden Art
I found these gorgeous shelf brackets & towel hooks at House of Antique Hardware. Outstanding Iron work - lots to choose from and very reasonably priced!
We mounted the brackets to the wall first, marked the holes for mounting the wall brackets to the seat bottom. Figured out placement of the towel hooks, and VOILA!
Jan's Garden Art
A front view. I just LOVE IT!!!!
Jan's Garden Art

Sandpaper coarse, med, fine

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Everything Red For Canada Day

To see more: http://facebook.com/jansgardenart

• Helen

Why is everyone concerned with your toilet? This is a brilliant idea for an apartment or small bathroom, looks great! LOL, so does your toilet!

• Amy May

I agree. It's way advice the toilet so how will the towels get sprayed? And reach? Dude must b short as well as everyone he knows or is judging the height from sitting position on toilet mentally and thinking of the difficult reach that would be lol. But I can tell it's perfect height for what she had to work with.

• Melbrooks

This came out so nicely! I love love love the chair colors!
    It looks like you could also add a horizontal bar (maybe repurposed dowel or curtain rod) through the curls on the shelf bracket... ??
    • Pam

I think she was talking about bottom curl on the lower part. a chair leg would work great or just use the curls as towel hooks

• Dbah

would it work if you screwed the chair seat to the wall and placed the towels on the spinles to air them?