MY 1940'S INSPIRED KITCHEN RENOVATION

I found this 1940's chrome, vinyl and formica kitchen set at an antique consignment shop. I LOVED IT, bought it, fixed it up, and designed my new kitchen around it. I hope you like it.
my 1940 s inspired kitchen renovation, home improvement, kitchen design, 1940 s kitchen table and chairs with matching hutch I will post photos of the table and chair renovation later I bought the glass jars at Walmart painted lids red and printed retro stickers to label them
1940's kitchen table and chairs with matching hutch. I will post photos of the table and chair renovation later. I bought the glass jars at Walmart, painted lids red and printed retro stickers to label them.
my 1940 s inspired kitchen renovation, home improvement, kitchen design, Fridge wall Found wonderful affordable solid wood cabinets at CliqStudios Lower cab has pull out drawers for pots and pans I got the range and microwave from separate sellers on Craigslist for a fraction of regular cost
Fridge wall. Found wonderful affordable solid wood cabinets at CliqStudios. Lower cab has pull-out drawers for pots and pans. I got the range and microwave from separate sellers on Craigslist for a fraction of regular cost.
my 1940 s inspired kitchen renovation, home improvement, kitchen design, Left of sink I so wanted a farm sink and they were 800 1500 I found this DOUBLE one at Ikea for 300 Cliq Studios showed us how to use an over fridge cab for under sink cab to save money Breadbox from Ebay repainted
Left of sink. I so wanted a farm sink and they were $800-$1500. I found this DOUBLE one at Ikea for $300. Cliq Studios showed us how to use an over-fridge cab for under sink cab to save money. Breadbox from Ebay, repainted.
my 1940 s inspired kitchen renovation, home improvement, kitchen design, Right of sink There used to be a short hallway and closet on right side expanded kitchen into space
Right of sink. There used to be a short hallway and closet on right side, expanded kitchen into space.
my 1940 s inspired kitchen renovation, home improvement, kitchen design, Pantry wall Opening lets in all the light from long front windows Tall cabinet is pantry with roll out shelves Lower cab had roll out trash and recycling bins Broom closet on right
Pantry wall. Opening lets in all the light from long front windows. Tall cabinet is pantry with roll-out shelves. Lower cab had roll-out trash and recycling bins. Broom closet on right.
my 1940 s inspired kitchen renovation, home improvement, kitchen design, The countertops are Blue Pearl Granite TILES saved thousands over slab granite The tray was an old grey metal one my talented sister painted for me Note the modern KitchenAid next to hand crank egg beater in crock
The countertops are Blue Pearl Granite TILES, saved thousands over slab granite. The tray was an old grey metal one my talented sister painted for me. Note the modern KitchenAid next to hand crank egg beater in crock.
my 1940 s inspired kitchen renovation, home improvement, kitchen design, The floor is Armstrong Alterna Vinyl Tile in charcoal which looks like stone ridges and all LOVE IT Has blueish tone that matches everything
The floor is Armstrong Alterna Vinyl Tile in charcoal which looks like stone, ridges and all. LOVE IT. Has blueish tone that matches everything.
my 1940 s inspired kitchen renovation, home improvement, kitchen design, Closeup of granite countertop The mica sparkles match the stainless steel appliances and nickel draw pulls and trims
Closeup of granite countertop. The mica sparkles match the stainless steel appliances and nickel draw pulls and trims.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 155 comments
Next