Christmas Angel

Back in the 1960's my mom made two angels, and last year I wanted to try and recreate them, but never got around to it. This year I decided to rely on the fuzzy picture and my fuzzy memory and make my version of them.
I had a sturdy paper roll that deco mesh came on and a hanger. I cut off the hook, and part of the hanger for arms. I glued it on and let it dry over night.
I cut wings from cardboard, and I used a styrofoam ball for the head. I used wall texture on the head and both sides of the wings to give it a little update from yesteryear.
I used undiluted stay flo starch and thin flour sack kitchen towels, dipping them in the starch and wringing them out before draping them on the stand. I used pins in a few places until it was completely dry and stiff.
After it had dried and was stiff, I spray painted everything white. I used silver metallic paint and a stipple brush to add highlights.
I added cord to the head gluing just the top. I didn't want to glue down the sides, because I still had to glue on the wings and paint the hair with the silver paint. I also wanted to be able to move the hair where I wanted it later.
I glued on the halo, ribbon, and the sign. I spray painted it all with Krylon Glitter Shimmer, shimmering silver, and the sealer. The picture doesn't really show how sparkling it really is. I hope you enjoyed the angel tutorial, and I wish everyone a joyful holiday!

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home

• Judy Simon
    Judy Simon

where did you get the sign
  • Gbe21851913
    Gbe21851913

How do I get the instructions?
    • Vicki Rogers
      Vicki Rogers

The how to here is all I have. I don’t know of any written ones out there.
  • Gloria Bennett Edwardson
    Gloria Bennett Edwardson

Where did you find the hanger? Never seen one like it.
    • Vicki Rogers
      Vicki Rogers

I’m not sure what store it came from. It was one I had from buying clothes somewhere, but you can use any hanger. And do any kind of angel your heart desires. Here a pic’s of ones I did this year for relatives. They requested certain kinds of angels.

• LJ
    LJ

Aaaawww - my mom had a similar gold angel, such good memories! Love it, beautiful, may have to try this.
  • Fai32094488
    Fai32094488

It's beautiful. I'm not crafty but this seems relatively easy. Thanks for sharing!