A Very Vintage Advent Calendar

Today I’m teaming up with The Home Depot to show you how you can make a pretty ornament display at their upcoming DIH Workshop this week!
If you haven’t heard, Home Depot offers do-it-HERself (DIH) workshops for women of all experience levels to come in and create cool projects for their homes. This one was super simple and turned out awesome!
a very vintage advent calendar
I followed the DIH Workshop directions that Home Depot sent me for cutting the wood and attaching the pieces together, then painted it with Rustoleum Chalked paint for a whitewashed matte finish.
a very vintage advent calendar
Then... decoration time!
a very vintage advent calendar
The rosemary topiaries came from Home Depot, as well as the jingle bells around the topiaries. (Those are actually door hangers turned sideways and attached with a hair elastic! :) )
a very vintage advent calendar
These vintage canvas clips came from an old junk store. I have no idea what it was originally used for, but it looks great holding an assortment of 25 shiny ornaments for my vintage advent calendar.
a very vintage advent calendar
Want to make your own version of this?? Click here to find a Home Depot DIH Workshop near you!
a very vintage advent calendar
Here is the actual project you can make at the upcoming workshop! Make this cute ornament display at the Home Depot near you!

Beth at Unskinny Boppy

1 comment
  • Grandmasue10

Clever idea. We are waiting for Christmas during Advent; The celebrating should come on Christmas and after. NOT get ready for Spring on the 26th!