Asked on Nov 4, 2013

I picked an old tin chicken nesting box off the trash. Any ideas?

LindaLynne HellerDebbie
+16

The chicken nesting box is about 4' wide, 3'high and 18" deep.It has 2 tiers with 5 nesting compartments in each tier for nesting. There's also a 4" ledge across the whole front. It's made of metal and painted green with some rust. I was thinking of putting it the kitchen and hanging it on a wall. Where would you put it? How would you decorate it? What would you use it for. All ideas welcome!! Thanks.
  • Lori C
    Lori C

?Try putting artificial or live flowers in it? If u have a photo, send it.

• Lela
    Lela

Look at it from different angles or sit it on the floor in other rooms. It could be a wine rack, towel holder in the bathroom, a mud room organizer ....... let us know what you decided

• Linda
    Linda

Thanks. I will. All ideas welcome!!

• Diane Carlisle
    Diane Carlisle

Send it to me!!! LOL, just kidding. Maybe use it for storage of craft supplies, etc.

• Linda
    Linda

Good idea. Thanks. All ideas are welcome!

• LInda Pemberton
    LInda Pemberton

I think I'd hang it on a wall and use it for towels, etc, like in a bathroom. Or in a mudroom wall for supplies. You could label each compartment with cute Martha Stewart labels with each family members' name, etc. Or use it on the pation with openings upright for an herb garden.

• Taylor Holsten
    Taylor Holsten

You could hang it on the wall in the kitchen and use it as the ledge upon which you could have small pots of herbs growing. There's nothing like fresh cut herbs in your dishes!

• Linda
    Linda

Thanks Taylor. Your right on that. ~Little Leaf~

• Diane Woods
    Diane Woods

Can it be used in any direction as a bookcase/storage for office type of supplies? Maybe get a few matching square baskets to put inside of a couple compartments, misc items in the other ones to make it interesting.

• Linda
    Linda

Thanks Linda P. Sounds good. Linda B.

• Linda
    Linda

Good Idea Diane. Thanks. Linda B.

• Chris aka monkey
    Chris aka monkey

hanging on wall in kitchen sounds great you could put bottles of olive oil or small plates and teacups or you could send it to me lol xx

• Marlene Wilson
    Marlene Wilson

Well the first thing I would do is take it to the carwash and clean it real good with hot soapy water,and then I got it home I would scald it.You did say it was medal didn't you?Then go from there,Honey!

• Linda
    Linda

Thanks Marlene. Will do. Linda B.

• Linda
    Linda

Thanks Chris. I welcome Your ideas. Linda B.

• Debbie
    Debbie

how about putting it by a door and using it to house shoes or boots?

• Linda
    Linda

I love your idea Debbie. I never thought of that. Thanks! Linda B.

• Lynne Heller
    Lynne Heller

Send it to me, I'd use it for nesting boxes for my chickens! LOL

• Linda
    Linda

You made me laugh because I have a flock of chicken too! They are very spoiled free range chickens that have a lovely coop to roost in and lay their eggs in nest boxes. A few times I have found where one of my girls has been laying her eggs in the flower garden and hatched 10 chicks. Two baby hens and eight baby roosters!