Cinnamon Stick Place Cards

We’re living with my parents while we wait to close on our house at the end of the month and I’m always up for helping my mom plan a party! She loves to host holiday parties (wonder where I get it from?), and we wanted to do fun and festive place cards that we could use for Thanksgiving and Christmas parties.
I thought we could use cinnamon sticks as the base since they are “holiday neutral” and could easily add a little something to both Thanksgiving and Christmas!
I started with a bag of cinnamon sticks I picked up for $2 and a strand of berries that was laying around the house.
I took one cinnamon stick, put a dab of hot glue on both ends and glued another cinnamon stick to it.
Notice how there’s a little gap in between the cinnamon sticks? That’s just how you want it!
I printed out the names of the guests from the computer. (Tip: You can download super fun and FREE fonts on www.dafont.com – the one I used for the names in this project is called “Bromello”.)
Next, I cut out the names and glued them on construction paper to create a border.
Once the name cards were done, I slipped them in between the 2 cinnamon sticks that I glued together. The gap in between the sticks allows for the paper to slide right in and fit snug so it stays put!
I added a little embellishment to the place cards, which is totally optional! I just snipped pieces from the stand of berries that we had laying around and stuck the piece in between the 2 cinnamon sticks. I think it still looks cute without an embellishment, or you can add something completely different for yours – totally up to you!
These names tags have us feeling festive and ready to celebrate the holidays! How about you??
Click on the link below and follow along to be sure you don't miss any other easy festive projects!

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
The Cofran Home

• Elaine Lee
    Elaine Lee

Thank you for sharing this neat idea.
  • Grossman Frances
    Grossman Frances

classy and easy and clever never thought of this ..i made cinnamon stick ornaments once wonder where that big bag of them went??? ha ha. so you could use a piece of christmas tree branch too for christmas i like thing where you can improvise . this is open to so many things but the cinnamon base is a cool idea