DIY Wall Mirror

Oh, how I love mirrors. It just makes my place look so fancy. I've been wanting to figure out a way to make a classy looking inexpensive wall mirror for the longest and I think I figured it out.
To see a complete list of the materials used and view the demo of how I did it, check out the video below...
Let's get started! First, remove any labels, staples or plastic that maybe on the plaques.
Mark the center of each of the plaques.
Place 3 plaques in a row and space them equally apart. I spaced my plaques 1 inch apart. There's no requirement, so feel free to space it to your liking.
Add a generous amount of glue on both ends of the wood trim/sticks and place it in between the plaques. To add more stability replace the sticks with mending plates (can be seen in the video). These are metal and will be tough to bend. If using the sticks like I did, double it up for added support. It worked fine for me. Just giving you more options.
Now, repeat the previous step, 4 more times. You should have 5 rows of 3 plaques when you finish. Each row should be spaced the same as the others.
Next, glue sticks on the plaques that are going vertically. Be sure to clamp the sticks down or place something heavy on top of them like books to help the glue bond better.
Allow the glue to dry for at least 24 hours.
Add a coat of primer to the top and sides of the plaques. It should dry in an hour.
Once the primer is dry, spray paint the front and side of the plaques. I sprayed on 2 coats. Let the paint dry for 1 to 2 hours.
Remove the felt pads and sticker labels on the back of the mirror.
Glue the mirror to the top of the plaques. In an hour, you will be able to hang it on the wall. Command strips or picture frame hanging kit will work fine.
You're finished!!
This was such an easy project to do. I hope this inspires you to create your next wall mirror.
Let's keep inspiring each other...
Tresha

20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames

• Puja
    Puja

How did I hang it?

• Barbara
    Barbara

I can’t find where to purchase the mirrors. Help!

(Amazon doesn’t have them.)

• Kristan
    Kristan

Where did u purchase all of ur supplies. Trying to keep cost down on a budget

• Lori Ward-Laatsch
      Lori Ward-Laatsch

There is a list right under the last photo. It has the see more link you click and it will take you to the items or you can google them or go to dollar tree for most of it except paint glue and the wood rounds.

• Keyz
    Keyz

Those mirrors can be found at Dollar Tree. The wooden round plaques look like they were made by Mainstay, a Walmart label.

Hope that helps.

• NY-Helene
    NY-Helene

This is a great project! It's the first time that I've been motivated to write a comment. The result is practical and quite lovely.

-- Helene from NY