DIY Wall Mirror

Oh, how I love mirrors. It just makes my place look so fancy. I've been wanting to figure out a way to make a classy looking inexpensive wall mirror for the longest and I think I figured it out.
To see a complete list of the materials used and view the demo of how I did it, check out the video below...
Let's get started! First, remove any labels, staples or plastic that maybe on the plaques.
Mark the center of each of the plaques.
Place 3 plaques in a row and space them equally apart. I spaced my plaques 1 inch apart. There's no requirement, so feel free to space it to your liking.
Add a generous amount of glue on both ends of the wood trim/sticks and place it in between the plaques. To add more stability replace the sticks with mending plates (can be seen in the video). These are metal and will be tough to bend. If using the sticks like I did, double it up for added support. It worked fine for me. Just giving you more options.
Now, repeat the previous step, 4 more times. You should have 5 rows of 3 plaques when you finish. Each row should be spaced the same as the others.
Next, glue sticks on the plaques that are going vertically. Be sure to clamp the sticks down or place something heavy on top of them like books to help the glue bond better.
Allow the glue to dry for at least 24 hours.
Add a coat of primer to the top and sides of the plaques. It should dry in an hour.
Once the primer is dry, spray paint the front and side of the plaques. I sprayed on 2 coats. Let the paint dry for 1 to 2 hours.
Remove the felt pads and sticker labels on the back of the mirror.
Glue the mirror to the top of the plaques. In an hour, you will be able to hang it on the wall. Command strips or picture frame hanging kit will work fine.
You're finished!!
This was such an easy project to do. I hope this inspires you to create your next wall mirror.
Let's keep inspiring each other...
Tresha

• Margherita McCallum

I did something very similar, but i haven't posted picture yet. I used the two sizes of stove element covers that are made out of light metal, sanded them a bit, primered then stenciled each one into a picture that is separated when attached with wire to each. I have a thing with mirrors. I'm actually afraid of them. I don't know why. I have one mirror and that's in my bathroom and i hate looking at it every morning to get ready. Some kind of weird phobia since i was a child. Anyways, i'll post my picture shortly, but love yours as well (without the mirrors) lol.

• Keyz

Those mirrors can be found at Dollar Tree. The wooden round plaques look like they were made by Mainstay, a Walmart label.

Hope that helps.