DIY Bathroom Makeover

I decided to give our main bathroom a makeover for the 2016 Fall One Room Challenge. This builder-basic bathroom was large and very bright, but was lacking in personality.
A before shot of the bathroom taken from the vanity
I started by removing the laminate countertop & sink and removing the vanity doors.
I build two drawers out of 1/2" plywood for each of the two outer cabinets and added a 3/4" plywood shelf. I used 1/2" and 3/4" plywood (and my kreg jig) to make new shaker style doors for the middle cabinet.
The new countertop is made of four 2x6 pieces of pine attached together with pocket holes, sanded smooth and stained with Minwax special walnut and grey stain. 4 coats of Varathane Triple Thick water based poly top the whole thing off.
I cut 1/4" plywood into 6" planks and installed them on the walls as shiplap.
Before !
After!
Vanity Before
Vanity After!
For more details & all sources check out my blog post link below!

Casey FitzGerald

• Patricia Gomez

I love your makeover and your taste, is great and I want to do it

How you cut the hole in the countertop?

• Reo33875684

What a Great makeover! ***Safety Note: I already assume you swapped out the electric outlet on the wall next to the sink with a (GFI) receptacle.

Hi Casey,

Me again. Thanks for the info on the countertop and picture of sink. I love your bathroom redo. Do you remember where you got your sink, faucet, and light above sink?

Thanks,

Betsy

• Cheap Decorator

When we were remodeling, I found Amazon had several sinks in this style and lots of faucets. I went to Lowe’s & Home Depot for lighting. Although Amazon may have the same lighting at a better price, I wanted to see the fixtures so I could envision how they would look.

• Peat

I LOVE the new look! I wanted to know what is the name of the paint color you used for the gray walls.