Old Window Turned Into a Christmas Decoration Mirror

$10

When my friend had new windows installed in her home I rescued the old victorian sashes she replaced from the dump.
I love vintage and rustic styled Christmas decorations. Therefore I upcycled one of these windows into a lovely Christmas decoration for my mantle. As well as looking very festive, I'd used a special spray paint on the glass to turn the window into an antique style mirror.
If you don't have an old window to hand you can achieve the same effect with an old picture frame with glass in it.
Depending on the state of your frame, you may want to keep it as it is. If you are going for the vintage, rustic look you can chip the paint and add a bit of dark wax.
I love Christmas words and sayings. For the window I decided to paint one of may favourites "Jingle all the way". You can print this out from my blog at the end of the post.
Print out a mirror image of your words (should be in your printer options). Tape it to the front of your mirror as you will be painting on the back.
I used a red glass paint for my sign and painted 3 coats in total.
To turn the painted window into a mirror I used a special mirror effect spray paint. Click here to see which one I used.
Just spray the back of the window over your painted words following the instructions on the tin.
To finish off my Christmas Decoration Mirror attached some brass cup hooks so I could hang ornaments from the mirror.
I actually rescued a few old windows. I turned another one of them into a window herb garden which you can see by clicking here.

Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Sus14013079

Was the old paint tested for lead?

• Lla5490104

There's very little paint left on this example and it certainly isn't hanging down where chewing children could reach it. I'd say lead paint isn't a problem.