Make a Tiled Garden Container Planter for Frugal Upscale Decor

$62

I had never tiled anything before but I saw a gorgeous tiled garden container that was $200 at an upscale nursery and knew I had to try to replicate the effect at home. In this post I transformed a $12 wooden garden container into a similar look for just another $50.
The gorgeous wood with the brown and golden tiles looked amazing with the fall perennials I added to the container. I was shocked how easy it was to put this whole thing together. Total of $62.
This simple wooden container was transformed into upscale garden and porch decor with $20 worth of tiles. Stunning transformation. It's planted with a Japanese barberry and bright orange violas for a fiery fall color scheme.
We started with a cheap, wooden planter from the clearance section. Choose something with smooth sides. It took two square feet of tiles to cover this planter.
We used liquid nail adhesive that we had on hand to stick the tiles down. I cut them with about a 1/4 tile overlapping the edge. Thankfully the gaps between the tiles allowed enough wiggle room to work them in without problem.
What really added a lot to this project, in my opinion, is that we used a colored grout for in between the tiles. The creamy tan blended with the tiles and the wood of the container much better than a bright white would have.
These bright orange violas will tolerate the cool weather of fall and contrast beautifully with the dark wood of the container. They also contrast nicely with the upright growth and burgundy foliage of the Japanese barberry.

The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season

To see more: http://www.untrainedhousewife.com/gorgeous-tiled-wooden-planter-diy-for-garden-decor-lowescreator

• Helene Rodgville

Earlier today I saw a pallet that you made into a stenciled wall in shades of blue. Would you mind sharing it with me? I can’t seem to find it. Love your rejects. You’ve inspired me. Thanks. Helene

• LeeAnn

I just got two fresh pallets. I knew I wanted to make something special for my monkey.between this and the woman asking about your blue pallet. You two have given me something to make that will be jaw dropping gorgeous (she will cry) and will stand the test of time. Like our friendship. Thank you