DIY Christmas Cotton Pom Pom Garland

281K Views
Hello my beautiful friends! For those of you who are new to my blog, welcome! Today I wanted to share really interesting project! It was so easy and inexpensive to make, I thought I would share it with you.
All you will need is:
- Two 50 count bags of cotton balls
- A sewing needle
- Heavy duty thread - I used embroidery thread
- About half of hour of time
- A little patience 😉
  • diy christmas cotton pom pom garland
Start by rolling every ball to make it as round as possible. Just rub them in the palms of your hands in a circular motion until they become round. (They look a little bit like marshmallow when you open the bag, so I recommend this step.)
  • diy christmas cotton pom pom garland
  • diy christmas cotton pom pom garland
After that all you need to do is to thread the cotton balls onto your thread. I decided to use just one string and make one long garland, but you can cut your thread in smaller pieces and make a few garlands.
  • diy christmas cotton pom pom garland
Special tip: It is easier to stick the needle trough the middle of the cotton ball rather then through the sides. Other way your cotton balls will start to fall apart.(Look on the photo below)
  • diy christmas cotton pom pom garland
I recommend to tie a knot around the first and last one, just to secure them. You can space your pom-poms an inch apart, or you could push the cotton balls together (like I do) for a more solid looking garland.
  • diy christmas cotton pom pom garland
You can use it on your tree, on the mantel or anywhere you want! Be creative and enjoy your craft!
  • diy christmas cotton pom pom garland

Suggested materials for this project:

Vesna Gavrilovic - Home Chic Club

Ask a Question

Suggested Project Book