Hula Hoop Christmas Chandelier

$8

I was looking for a fun little way to really step up my holiday decor game this year. I wanted something to change my dining room a lot with a minimal amount of effort. This was actually difficult, since I practically cover my house with holiday decor (tastefully, of course). So a friend and I came up with this great chandelier idea using a hula hoop and some dollar store crafts for an awesome DIY Christmas
hula hoop christmas chandelier, lighting
For this project I used a child sized hula hoop, some green garlands, battery powered string lights, and some mini ornaments. The only thing I didn’t get at the dollar stare was the lights. You can use a larger size hula hoop if you want.
I did the whole thing on a table, and it took about 15 minutes. Step 1: Start Wrapping
I started wrapping garlands around my hula hoop. I used four garlands to wrap my hula hoop using two together for each half. This helped my chandelier look nice and full.
You might have to adjust it after wrapping them. Step 3: Add Lights
Next I wrapped the lights around and around, Can’t ever have too many twinkly lights, right? (PS check out some awesome DIY fairy lights here!) Step 4: Add the Ribbons
In order to hang my Christmas chandelier from my regular chandelier I took some lovely holiday ribbon, and cut it into four long equal pieces. Then I tied the ribbon onto the Christmas chandelier in four places. You could probably get away with only tying three ribbons, if you wanted.
I tried to get the ribbons about equal distances from each other so that the chandelier would sit straight when it was hanging. Step 5: Decorate
I added mini ornaments in classic christmas colors of red, green and gold, but a great thing about this project is that you can do it in any colors you want. For example, if you’re doing a gold tablescape you can use just gold ornaments. Step 6: Hang it Up
I tied my Christmas chandelier to my regular chandelier. You can easily also tie it to a single lightbulb hanging above your table if that’s all you have, it’s pretty light weight.
It’s so good looking, it’s going to really add to my family dinner this year.

• Angie E Cates

After you get this all figured out and done, how do you get the laziness out of people today to flip one switch for remote Power on something that’s just for Christmas and beautiful?

• Barbara Richardson

I think it looks beautifully festive for
    the Holidays.
    What would you do if you don't have
    a chandelier in your home with this
    project.

• Rebecca

Ever here of low temp battery operated lights? They can’t melt anything they touch 😉

• Belinda Spanbauer

how do attache the garland? tie it together?

• Mary L Schneider

You can use wire, glue, or twist ties. I make wreaths all the time. I use the green floral wire for dark garlands and silver or gold for light colors. I sometimes use glue (hot glue is faster, but any clear drying heavy duty glue will work). I also buy twist ties on a spool and save them from buns & bread. They come in handy for craft projects.

• Linda Abate

A beautiful focal point over your dining room table. Love the idea of adding lights to it. This definitely is an eye catcher. Great job.

• IamThird

That is very nice! And I'm going to try to braid it into a birthday celebration just changing up the colors and some material Thank you