Turning Special T-shirts {and Old Jeans} Into Cute Pillows

My daughter wanted a special old t-shirt sewn into a pillow. Using a pair of hardly-ever- worn jeans of her brothers {they had the best color and distress!}, I cut them up and fused the t-shirt on, and voila! A special new pillow for her college dorm! For more detailed directions visit my blog: http://shannonberrey.com/_blog/Shannon_Berrey_Design_Blog/post/is-that-a-t-shirt-on-your-sofa/
Pick your favorite shirt and cut out the area to be used.
Iron HeatnBond fusible adhesive to the back of the shirt.
Using a ruler, draw out the area into whatever shape you choose and cut through both the shirt and the fusible adhesive.
Using an old pair of jeans, cut up the side hems of each leg about 24".
Open up the piece of denim and draw a line to create the edge of the pillow and then cut through both pieces of denim.
Pull off the paper backing and center the t-shirt on the denim. Iron it following the directions on the adhesive.
Using a decorative stitch, go around the edge of the t-shirt. Put right sides together, sew the pillow up.
Fli it right sides out and stuff it. Then hand sew the opening.
The back shoulder of the t-shirt had this cute little design that I couldn't leave out, so I fused it on the back corner of the pillow!

• Edith M. Harless

Where did you find that cute t-shirt? I'm from N.C. and would love one of these. I may be old but I still love cute things.

• Patty

Gotta try this.

• Janice

Thank you for this project idea. My husband passed away a month ago it has been hard to donate his clothes. But now I will make some pillows for his children grandchild and myself so he will always be near us.

• Lesa D

That’s what I’m trying to get done for our kids for Christmas but it’s just so hard through the tears 😢 It’s been 3 years 9 months and 9 days since we lost their Dad and my husband of 31 years, but it still hurts like it was yesterday. I’m so sorry for your loss too.