Green Bottle Christmas Tree

Looking for a little different Christmas tree this year? Check out this tree made using wood dowels and Perrier bottles!
A year ago on vacation at Walt Disney World, we spotted a really neat piece of art at the Epcot Food and Wine festival. We took pictures and thought it would make a great DIY project one day. That day has come! I (Steph) used this as inspiration for the Christmas tree version I made.
Watch the how-to video
Materials
Mark an outline on the wood round. I drew four lines in a pie grid. Mark 1" up from the edges. This is where the outer bottles will be placed.
I placed the bottles, then on four of the lines, mark 3.5" up from the 1" mark. This will be for the inner bottle placement.
Using a 5/8" spade bit, drill holes where all the bottles will go. Use a drill or impact driver for this. It's best to do this in the garage and clamp your round to another board or table while you drill.
Cut the 8 outer dowels to 9.5", the four inner to 15" and the middle to 23" on a miter saw or miter box. Next I used a primer on the wood round and dowels.
Then I painted them gold. I used about three coats of paint to get full coverage. You could also use a gold spray paint on this.
Once dry, I used a mallet to get the dowels in the holes. The paint made the dowels a little thicker, which worked out well so I didn't need any glue to secure them in place. If they were loose, I would use fast drying glue to secure them.
I added a glue dot to the top of each dowel to keep the bottle in place and then placed the bottles. Next I added a tea light to each and done!
This is going to be my Christmas tree this year and I couldn't be happier with it! The nice thing is, since it's not glued, I can take it apart and store it for next year!
Check out our website for a fast way to remove the labels from Perrier bottles!

• Wood Round  (Home Depot)
  • (6) 5/8" Wood Dowels  (Hobby Lobby)
  • (13) Glass bottles

Mother Daughter Projects