Green Bottle Christmas Tree

Looking for a little different Christmas tree this year? Check out this tree made using wood dowels and Perrier bottles!
green bottle christmas tree
A year ago on vacation at Walt Disney World, we spotted a really neat piece of art at the Epcot Food and Wine festival. We took pictures and thought it would make a great DIY project one day. That day has come! I (Steph) used this as inspiration for the Christmas tree version I made.
Watch the how-to video
green bottle christmas tree
Materials
green bottle christmas tree
Mark an outline on the wood round. I drew four lines in a pie grid. Mark 1" up from the edges. This is where the outer bottles will be placed.
green bottle christmas tree
I placed the bottles, then on four of the lines, mark 3.5" up from the 1" mark. This will be for the inner bottle placement.
green bottle christmas tree
Using a 5/8" spade bit, drill holes where all the bottles will go. Use a drill or impact driver for this. It's best to do this in the garage and clamp your round to another board or table while you drill.
green bottle christmas tree
Cut the 8 outer dowels to 9.5", the four inner to 15" and the middle to 23" on a miter saw or miter box. Next I used a primer on the wood round and dowels.
green bottle christmas tree
Then I painted them gold. I used about three coats of paint to get full coverage. You could also use a gold spray paint on this.
green bottle christmas tree
Once dry, I used a mallet to get the dowels in the holes. The paint made the dowels a little thicker, which worked out well so I didn't need any glue to secure them in place. If they were loose, I would use fast drying glue to secure them.
green bottle christmas tree
I added a glue dot to the top of each dowel to keep the bottle in place and then placed the bottles. Next I added a tea light to each and done!
green bottle christmas tree
This is going to be my Christmas tree this year and I couldn't be happier with it! The nice thing is, since it's not glued, I can take it apart and store it for next year!
Check out our website for a fast way to remove the labels from Perrier bottles!

• Wood Round  (Home Depot)
  • (6) 5/8" Wood Dowels  (Hobby Lobby)
  • (13) Glass bottles
Mother Daughter Projects

• Jan Koelsch

Really love this. Was thinking what a great chandlier this would make in a man cave or using different colors as well. Thanks for generating inspiration and posting.

• Tova Pearl

Love this idea!